• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My theory about nero (minor spoilers)

Enma47

My theory is that somehow the soul of vergil has been bound to nero's arm. some reasons for my thinking this are: nero was able to resurrect yamato, something agnus had been trying to do for a long time and failed to do. When Dante confronts nero about getting yamato back Dante says that the sword has "got to stay in the family" and then lets nero keep it. and as many people have said before nero's phrases and his demeanor are almost carbon copies of Vergil from DMC3:SE. i could be totally wrong but this is what i think

DarkHuntersInc

I don't think we know enough about how he got the Devil Bringer in the first place. It sounds like he got it recently since Nero says 'this thing packs a punch' before the second level and in the game manual it says there was a demon attack, Nero was present and exterminated them all but hurt his shoulder. The reason, or maybe the excuse for him being bandaged up. So I'm figuring he got it somehow during this attack.

Now I've got three theories; the first is that he's the reencarnation of Vergil, Vergil's son (that's least likely but maybe if he got someone pregnant before the year prior to DMC3 - though 'Uncle Dante' might be a bit wonky) or Sparda *ahem* 'spread his seed' centuries before being with Eva and Nero is a direct descendant. Any of those might explain why Nero has white devil hair. I think it might be the last because of what happened in the game.

Sanctus told Dante and Trish they were outwitted by a descendant of Sparda, or something to that extent. I think there's a definate connection to Vergil - since everything Nero absorbs into the DT has to be touched by it first except for Yamato which flies to him. Plus there's the 'ghost' in his DT and how blades fly out whenever he shoots enemies while transformed, simular to Vergil's ranged attack in DMC3 SE

So I agree with your theory, sorry if this was a little lengthier but I've been thinking about this:p .

Alastor

a couple lines of dialog i noticed when nero speaks, his voice almost sounds like vergil's. In particular when Dante is "asking" for the sword back and Nero replies "I need this".

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
To support the connection between Nero and Vergil let me say this:
Nero's DT has Yamato inside his body when you do not attack. Just like Vergil had it in DT.
Also when in DT, while you fire with the revolver, Summoned Swords hit the enemy too;)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I still say the latter is just the influence of Yamato itself, since Vergil only has that arm sheath when using Yamato. It's not there when using BeoWolf or the dual wielding of Yamato and Force Edge. Also, Nero was injured in the shoulder, not the lower arm. He seems to have been hiding the Devil Bringer for a while, since he's rather proficient with it by the time of the game, and it doesn't seem strange to Kyrie and Credo than his coat sleeves are all the way down. He also was not surprised by it at all during the fight with Dante. I think he's just commenting on how VERY effective it is now that he's been able to use it full out in battle.

But Sanctus does say that, and exact quote, "I must respect a man who carries the blood of Sparda". That implicates that Nero is some distant descendant of Sparda, and THAT is what Yamato was awakened by. I'm very opposed to "Vergil is Nero's arm", since it's a rehash of Liquid Snake in Ocolot's arm in MetalGear, and really makes him little more than a tool.

In all cases...we're probably gonn'a have to wait until DMC5, though since the fact that the producers and directors did say that Nero is not directly related to Dante and Vergil does support "he's some kind of distant cousin."

Devil Razer

Drifter
what swayed the idea that the dt spirit was virgil...

was on mission 20 where you do a db attack on sanctus in dt and the spirit shouts JACKPOT!

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Thats a pretty interesting theory, it seems everyone has some reason of him being related to vergil i gues we will just have to wait for another dmc to come out.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I really want Vergil to come back. I don't dislike Nero, but in my eyes, Vergil is the only one who could take Dante's spotlight. The fact that Nero is some sort of fusion between Dante and Vergil (I mean his design, moves, etc) kinda annoys me. I hope that he IS getting his powers from Vergil somehow:p
If he does, maybe he would somehow lose them and Vergil could be back^^

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Devil Razer;67261 said:
Or his body can totaly be possesed by vergil and basicaly be virgil but in a different body

I would have thought so if it weren't for Devil Bringer. These moves are not very Vergilish, and even when you do them in DT, the DT only attacks with Yamato, with the exception of Sanctus where he punches.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Devil Razer;67268 said:
maybe in a later dmc the spirit will take over and his DB will be taken away and he will just be Vergil.

What I expect from future DMCs is for things to become more complicated after seeing DMC4:p

Devil Razer

Drifter
ok ten the spirit gets so over powered it doesnt need nero's body anymore and take a for of its own. Like nightmare off soul caliber.

That would be awsome :D

Zato-OW

King
The only thing i think is weird(if it is vergil) is that the summoned swords isnt a Force Edge phantom anymore. Also the DB isnt able to do a judgement cut which i find wierd aswell. But its not hard to see that they will find a way to bring vergil back... Hes like the Zero(MegaMan-X series) of DMC series.

devilwarship

devil may could cry
maybe in the same way dante is connected with his weapons virgil was the same and because they were never sepporated they became one in a sence and when virgil was "killed" so to speak his soul was poured into yamato then when nero and the devil bringer (maybe connected to virgil still) came it great need virgil so a chance to rise up and get back work and start his plans again hence nero in saying power give me more power whicdh soubds like some thing virgil said in the past if the series continues ie going forward not back like in Dmc3 they have to bring virgil back this may be it other evidence to sopport this is at the end of DMc 4 nero asks will we meat again and dante just keeps walking:dry:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
yeah well perhaps if Vergil is still connected or something with the D.B or Nero, and the whole thing with the Yamato then perhaps Vergil will try to take control of Nero, and Vergil might still not be strong enough, so maybe in the future dmc, Nero may switvh to Vergil on and off, and attack Dante, and in the end Dante has to kill Nero or something.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Killing Nero? Mmmmmm, I dunno about that. Like Vergil, Nero's debut probably generated a big fanbase. It would probably let alot of people down...but then again I think Capcom likes doing that. XD

Tony_Redgrave;67242 said:
I really want Vergil to come back. I don't dislike Nero, but in my eyes, Vergil is the only one who could take Dante's spotlight.

Amen!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah they should just bring Vergil back, to be honest right about now I dont really care how they bring him back, just as long as he comes back to team up with Dante, OR, perhaps he does come back in the next DMC * follow where this is going * and Vergil gets Yamato, and Nero gets a new sword, so dmc5 is like 4 except Dante isn't in it, or he is but there are way more missions, ex:

Nero: 12 missions.
Vergil: 12 missions.
Dante: 8 missions.

perhaps having Dante and Nero team up in one mission, and then play where Vergil was when Dante was with Nero, and then Vergil joins Dante and Nero, and it's similar to the end of Dmc3 as the three team up to take down the big boss at the end.

Top Bottom