• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My opinions on DMC: DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grabnok

I don't like it. Didn't play it. Never will. Here's why. tl;dr: It has Devil May Cry in the name. It shouldn't.

I know this topic is super f****** old but I'm gonna voice my opinion anyway.

DMC: Devil May Cry (ridiculous way to name it) did not need to exist. At all. To better phrase, it did not need to exist with that title, those characters, or the setting. By associating the game with the original DMC pretty much labeled as a pile of crap in my opinion, so much so that I didn't even play it. I saw some gameplay and said "That's not Dante. That's not Vergil. This shouldn't exist."

Now, I heard the combat was pretty fun, and it seemed like fun. But it wasn't DMC combat. DMC combat is about mixing things up and using what you could to be as stylish as possible. DMC: Devil May Fail, was not that way. It was color coded. It's first of many failures.

Dante in the original games was calm, cool, cocky, and a general BA. He may have been filled with cliche one-liners, but that was his charm. I couldn't even stand to look at the new Dante, let alone hear his dialogue. I'm all for cussing out bosses, but in comparison to old Dante, not even close on the BA scale.

Vergil...I refuse to go into this on the grounds that new Vergil used guns. 'Nough said. Screw him.

If this game had a different title, different named characters, some minor design changes, and some tweaks to the plot, it may have been worth picking up. But no. It wanted to try being DMC. It's not DMC. It never will be, and I am 100% happy Devil May Cry 5 is being made and I hope from the bottom of my heart Nero is the MC with his Devil Buster in tow. He deserves it

And when I heard that NT wasn't continuing with it, my response was "Good. Keep it that way."
Capcom needs to improve on their own work rather than shove it onto someone else's lap. Some people may find Devil May Cry as a whole, but that's their opinion and I like the games. I like Nero. I hope he has more action time with more weapons and more things to punch.

But yeah, my main point here is, if you're gonna put DMC in the name, make it DMC. You could've called this anything else and I would've bought it happily. But no.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom