• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My new siggys

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
The signature I've been working on.

Huge size- http://i36.tinypic.com/2u9qz5j.jpg

Normal size- http://i33.tinypic.com/23lhamh.jpg

I messed up the text on the smaller one, but I final learned how to do a focal point without the ugly lens flare.
How is it? I have another version of this one coming.

23lhamh.jpg

p.s. I'm still a rookie at this.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
-My- only problem with it would be the fact that the text can be quite difficult to make out, aside from that, I personally like it a lot. ^_^

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Rookie? Please. Your sigs are pretty damn amazing if you ask me. Even if you are new to this you're doing one hell of a good job. I think it looks amazing. The only things I can point out (though you did mention this when you posted it) is the lens flare makes (I think the lighting around her would look great behind her head, but that's just me)the top right part of her head rather difficult to see clearly and like Angelo Credo said, the text is a bit hard to make out too. Perhaps it'd look better on the bottom or where there are some darker areas and the white background won't make it difficult to see. To sum it up, it looks awesome. :> Keep up the awesome work BoC.

Sparda™

BringerOfChaos;146074 said:
The signature I've been working on.

Huge size- http://i36.tinypic.com/2u9qz5j.jpg

Normal size- http://i33.tinypic.com/23lhamh.jpg

I messed up the text on the smaller one, but I final learned how to do a focal point without the ugly lens flare.
How is it? I have another version of this one coming.

23lhamh.jpg

p.s. I'm still a rookie at this.

You want some hard critique?! :p

Oh well, here It goes...

If you wanna stick to signatures/banners/tags, keep It to small canvas sizes, because larger ones, are called large artworks.;)

Don't use invert. I can see you inverted the images on the background.

Make the artwork with vibrant colors. If you wanna make a monotone one, stick to black & white.

I'd also suggest using ONE light source. The signature shows a constant white around the focal/render and overall the background itself.

Put depth on the tag and work more on the background.

I hope I was of help. Keep it up. ^^

Pantera Queen

You want some hard critique?!

Oh well, here It goes...

If you wanna stick to signatures/banners/tags, keep It to small canvas sizes, because larger ones, are called large artworks.

Make the artwork with vibrant colors. If you wanna make a monotone one, stick to black & white.

I'd also suggest using ONE light source. The signature shows a constant white around the focal/render and overall the background itself.

I hope I was of help. Keep it up. ^^]

Hey what could I do to make mine better? Sorry for getting off topic.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Sparda™;146183 said:
You want some hard critique?! :p

Oh well, here It goes...

If you wanna stick to signatures/banners/tags, keep It to small canvas sizes, because larger ones, are called large artworks.;)

I hope I was of help. Keep it up. ^^
Heres the original, well the edited version.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2vtxvzd.jpg The actual had her breasts exposed.

I get the size thing!:lol:

I wasn't about to render that! I used the burn stool and other layer adjustments, and I'll post the colored version in a moment.

I don't know I always have to much light.

I'll work on the depth, but in the mean time do you have a render I could use? It's kinda hard to render a picture then go straight into a signature!:p

Sicktress

Artist
grandhustlegirl;146187 said:
Hey what could I do to make mine better? Sorry for getting off topic.

@ BOC: Sparda said most of what I was going to say, but one main thing is to keep it simple. It's better to have one effect done very well than 4 or 5 ones that make the image cluttered and confused. Think of it as if you were decorating a Christmas tree. No one wants to see a tree with wayy too many colors and garland, etc on it. But yes, you are doing pretty good for a beginner.

@ grandhustlegirl: fonts really influence how graphics come out, the simpler sometimes the better. On the top signature image the font is kind of blending in the background, which might be what you want but I personally would bring it out more with a glow, or a drop shadow or something. For the woman in the picture try to stay away from the contour around her (which I'm guessing was from Layer Style>blending options.

But mainly people underestimate how much fonts matter too. For example, if you're going for an ethereal look, pick a very simple or italic, elegant font. Don't use the ones that come with the computer and get a bunch of unique ones from tons of free sites.

Thats it for now.. Hope I helped

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
wgspoz.jpg

How is it? Critique please.

Also, Sparda or Sicktress can you tell me how you create your focal points? I use either a brush or grandient? < I can't remember how to spell that!:lol:

I need in-depth critique. And due to people telling me my work doesn't seem rookish I guess I can't say it anymore.:p

Sicktress

Artist
BOC, a focal point is what you want the main focus of your art to be, in the above case it's the drummer girl. I don't like the placement of the lens flare mainly because lens flare happens naturally when light bounces of a reflective surface, or if you're outside and the sun reflects on your camera lens/ Here they're kind of in the air floating around. I'd place them on the cymbals in the drums if at all. Did you put an effect on the drums?

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I put them in those spots to remind you of a rock concert. You know they have the lights flashing around?

Yeah I did, why?

Sicktress

Artist
Ahh rock concert. Not sure if you know but you can make mini-spotlights under Filer>Render> Lighting effects. They have a variety that would be really nice there, different colors and everything.

Top Bottom