• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Ideal DMC

Do you think SMT Dante should have had his own game?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but with 60 fps on a lower budget and on a lower-end system like the 3DS or PSVita.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Here's my perfect version of Devil May Cry:

DMC3 SE combined with SMT Dante.

6-SMT008.jpg

They managed to get the eyes just right in this version... unlike the actual DMC2 graphics themselves.

The SMT version of DMC2 Dante actually looks as good as the box art. They match the eyes perfectly.

devilmaycry2playstation2us.jpg

Admit it. You would let him do whatever he wanted to you.

I'm going to forget that the actual DMC2 game even existed and pretend that SMT III: Nocturne was actually the "real" DMC2 "Director's Cut" (Dante may have been a side character in SMT... but he was also a side character in DMC2 itself, if you think about it... the focus was more on Lucia in that game).

Now, imagine SMT Dante with all of DMC3 Dante's moves -- and that they were all usuable (instead of having to rely on the "Time Statue" to change your moveset and weapons).

In my opinion, there wouldn't even be any need for any other DMC games. This one would have fit the bill in almost every possible way.

As an added bonus, he has almost the right attitude as well. Well not quite, but he wasn't the mute that he was in DMC2 either.

I'm not really going to talk about the other games in this thread, because I'm not really interested in any of them.

Yes, that includes DmC. I've realized that I don't really like that game, anymore. It's time to move on.

Edit:

All that's missing now is Social Links and a Metroidvania world to explore in. But I'm sure with some proper planning, that it can be done.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
The SMT version of DMC2 Dante actually looks as good as the box art. They match the eyes perfectly.

Admit it. You would let him do whatever he wanted to you.

My thoughts put into words exactly :lol: I have to shamelessly agree!

Now, imagine SMT Dante with all of DMC3 Dante's moves -- and that they were all usuable (instead of having to rely on the "Time Statue" to change your moveset).

In my opinion, there wouldn't even be any need for any other DMC games. This one would have fit the bill in almost every possible way.

I like this idea, not to mention it's totally imaginable. However what about story development? I think Capcom kept making newer installments to the game in order to piece together the theory behind Devil May Cry along with gameplay enhancements. Video games always have two kinds of players - the ones who play for the in-game dynamics, and the ones who simply play for the storyline.
So the story is also a relatively important thing, and to be able to wrap up everything in one DMC game comes across as quite a lot of planning to me.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Well... that was the point point I was trying to make.

This Dante is in the SMT: Nocturne universe (which is almost certainly it's own universe. I don't think it's connected to any of the other SMT's either). This would mean that a good storyline is already in place.

This story doesn't even have to involve the party members. It can take place before or after SMT III: Nocturne.

At the end of DMC2, Dante went to hell; but who's to say he didn't stop in other dimensions along the way (or afterwards)? The possibilities are endless when you look at it that way.

You can have an all-new storyline, without having to reboot.

Edit: So, while we may not need everything in one DMC, it would be a good idea to place each and every installment in a new dimension, so that the story itself would never get old.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont know if i would use the SMT nocturne storyline because im concerned about having to coordinate with another company etc but the idea is sound.

I dont think there is alot of story to actually resolve since the games are like self contained scooby doo monster of the week episodes so there arent many plot threads that need a whole game to solve.

in the second light novel that was released before DMC2, Dante interacted with a device called the beast's head that allowed him to an alternate timeline so you could use that too faciltate his dimension hopping.

would be nice to have him hop multiple dimensions in one game but that might make it more rpg-ish like kingdom hearts. would also be cool to see him interact with alternate versions of people he knows.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Good idea. The more story scenarios that are possible within the overall timeline, the less likely it would be for DMC to become stale. And that's not excluding the possibility for all-new casts to be introduced and continuing the storyline once Dante has decided to retire.

Top Bottom