• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Captain America: Civil War Review

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Little different from when I wrote my BvS review thread, for one, I'm not copying and pasting a review that I wrote on another site, and this is purely from scratch.
So, Civil War, I thought it was great, one thing I do have to say is, it's definitely a much smaller scale, then in the comics, just mentioning that.
So we all know the jest, Tony Stark is in favor of registering with the UN, thinking the Avengers need to be put in check. And Steve Rogers is like, what if someone needs to help and we aren't allowed to give it, what if they decide this persons the bad guy.
And the movie does an excellent job of showing both sides. I was fully expecting to be Team Cap, and thinking Iron Man's being a dick. I mean, I was still Team Cap, but it shows Tony's side, and he's struggling with it, that they're both doing what they think is right.
One thing about the action is, like The Winter Soldier and The Dark Knight Trilogy, a lot of it was up close and personal , and could be pretty gritty.
One thing I thought I wasn't gonna like, but kinda plays into the themes of the film, and a theme that Iron Man 3, and several deceptions of Batman have expressed, is the idea that, superheroes end up making things worse. Basically actions have consequences. Gonna have a slight spoiler, there is a real villain in this movie, and his motivations, do contribute to the story, I'm not saying more then that.
The two things a lot of people loves about this movie, were Spider-Man, and Black Panther. And they are fantastic, Panther is at the forefront of the movie, and it was a great introduction to the character, can't wait to see him in more films, he's actually a character I don't know a whole lot about.
Spider-Man, I think they've finally perfected. I feel Tom Holland, was the perfect combo of the nerdy Toby Maguire, and the witty Andrew Garfield.
There was one scene that happened during the fight, can't tell what it was, but it's pretty big.
I don't know how much more I can say without spoilers, the film knew when to be serious, knew when to be lighthearted, it even knew when to be dark.

4/5

Top Bottom