• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Black Panther review

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Before I post anything, I wanna say, I did NOT get to watch Infinity War afterall. Me and a friend both finished work at 5, our other friend had the day off. We drove out, managed to get to the theater just after 7, and it was sold out. The reasoning I'm telling this is so the people posting will know DO NOT MENTION INFINITY WAR!
Now then, I'm literally posting my audience review from Rotten Tomatoes. I scored the film 4.5/5

"So the the first big superhero movie of the year, Black Panther. Before I give my thoughts , I do wanna clear something up. Black Panther is NOT the first movie with a black superhero lead (as opposed to team movies like X-Men, or Justice League). There were movies with about black superheroes before, such as Spawn, Steel and Blade, It is however the first for the MCU and the most successful film about a black superhero both critically (the former two being heavily panned as two of the worst movies ever, while the latter was a success Blade is more of a cult hit) and financially having grossed 1.3 billion. As well as the highest grossing movie done by a black director
Now then, unto the movie itself. Oh my god, this movie's awesome. T'Challa is a character who's torn between wanting to defend his country and live up to his father's legacy as well as the legacy of the Kings and Black Panthers that have come before him, and becoming more involved with the outside world. Two other characters who I also have to give credit to, are T'Challa's younger sister Shuri, this girl's awesome. She's as smart if not smarter then Iron Man and as funny as Spider-Man. Another character to stand out, and this is actually rare for a Marvel movie, is the villain, Killmonger, I don't wanna give too much away, but he is the best kind of villain, a villain who you actually identify with and sympathies for. He is up there with Loki and Vulture as one of the MCU's best villains. One more aspect I wanna address is the fictional country of Wakanda. Wakanda in this movie, is absolutely beautiful. No joke, if it were a real place, I'd wanna move there"

berto

I Saw the Devil
Blade is more of a cult hit
That may be but Blade was of far more critical importance than people credit it for. It opened up the path for more series movies to be greenlit, specifically X-Men, and by extension many of the modern hero movies owe it a lot. Without it this multi billion dollar trend would provably still be a few years behind what it is now or they would've had to struggle a lot more to get them made.

Anyway, for my money I'm going to wait for it on Netflix. I am getting burned out on the Marvel superhero movies and the formula so I'm not really willing to spend money on them anymore. I can wait. This movie came out on my birthday and a lot of my friends wanted to see it but I just can't get exited for them anymore.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
That may be but Blade was of far more critical importance than people credit it for. It opened up the path for more series movies to be greenlit, specifically X-Men, and by extension many of the modern hero movies owe it a lot
I am well aware and have mentioned it several times. Just simply saying Blade was nearly as critically acclaimed or as financially successful as Black Panther. Not dissing Blade at all, always been one of my favorite movies.

Top Bottom