• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Baby's Heartbeat

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yesterday I went with my girlfriend for her Midwife appointment to listen to our baby's heart beating. It was one of the most amazing sounds I've ever heard in my whole entire life. The sound of existence. It made me so proud that I was bringing this baby into this World with my girlfriend and I can't wait until it's born and I can truly be a daddy.

The heartbeat was fine, everything was normal (Normal amount of beats) which is good obviously =)

When the Midwife was trying to find the heart, it sounds ruffled at first. But when she found it, it was racing (But that's normal for a baby's heartbeat) It sounded like a speeding train lol

I was so happy =) Anyone here who is a parent want to share any magical moments they've had with their child/children?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
So glad that only works in the pet world - I'd be more than a little horrified if I woke up one morning and found another baby in the house...

All my children were wrigglers so it took ages to find a heartbeat sometimes - or else mine got picked up and for a fleeting moment I thought I'd be giving birth to an adult instead. Got to admit though, seeing them on the screen is waaay better - especially when they do the anomaly scan at around 20 weeks. At my local hospital they zoom in on the face and you can see everything up close so it looks like a baby and not just a grainy bundle on the screen.

Obviously the real winner is when they are born but it's also super gross and tiring (even as a birth partner, it's knackering but for goodness sakes don't even begin to mention you might be tired because your girlfriend may well beat the crap out of you). Other stuff like walking and talking is also awesome but by the time you're on your third kid like me you just hope they take as long as possible to do both those things so you get some modicum of peace for a bit longer ;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thanks for all the nice comments =)

I'll keep everyone informed. The next thing to find out is the gender. I'm dreading it to be honest with you =/

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
My first time round, I got teary eyed every time we went for a checkup. Very emotional experiences, it was all partial-joy, partial-amazement, and partial-fear of the unknown.
But this was in South Africa, where the general rule of thumb is to have a gynaecologist rather than a midwife, so we got to see how our baby has grown every checkup. I tell you, you get to a stage where you go O_O this baby is MONSTER-SIZE!
I don't think the growth spurts fizzle out until they're adolescents.
With my second one I was all smiles when we went for checkups. With my third one, I got teary-eyed every time we went to see our midwife, too. I think it's because I was happy this was going to be the last one :D

Oh, word of advice: when your GF gets bigger (I'm talking 20+ weeks), give her a hand and support her back to help her sit up after you've listened to the heartbeat. It gets really really difficult and uncomfortable trying to do that by yourself. It should be a logical thing to realise a heavily pregnant woman can't do a miraculously flexible situp to right herself on a bed, but my hubby's been through this twice before and he STILL didn't offer to help me up. Silly man!

I'll keep everyone informed. The next thing to find out is the gender. I'm dreading it to be honest with you =/

Why are you dreading it? Do you have a preference for which gender you want?
By the way, it's not always easy to see what gender baby is. My first baby was lying cross-legged and no matter how we prodded, she didn't let us see. My first boy was a little animal, though. He was lying spread-eagle so it was pretty obvious. XD

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Finding out the gender makes it easier to plan, I found. Could pick names, get clothes, kit out the nursery etc...but if you don't want to find out, why not let you GF know and you just step out at that point?

First baby scan I ever had I didn't get emotional other than to think "oh crap it's definitely in there what the hell do I do now" sort of stuff, but that was for a load of reasons I won't go into here. With Jake, I had to be all but pinned down to the bed to have the scan, crying and hysterical, because the last time I'd been scanned was to tell me both my babies were dead and I fully expected the same news again. Repeated the experience with Joshua's scans too. I have to have someone with me for that sort of thing now...although Josh's sonographer was lovely and spent loads of time pointing out stuff that would reassure me and then she ended up being the one who delivered him so that was pretty cool.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It is a very precious and meaningful thing to me, as it should be. I love who I'm with to death, and I love our baby too. I just want to hold it in my arms right now! ^^

Top Bottom