• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mundus, aka Kyle Ryder

Dante47

I apologize if this has been mentioned before.

I noticed a strange newspaper lying around in Dante's trailer, towards the beginning of the game...
The newspaper is surely enough titled: Limbo City Chronicle
The headline proclaims: KYLE RYDER SAVES BANKING SYSTEM
Below, is very obviously a picture of Mundus.
kyle_zps4e81a585.jpg

Even though we're close to the games release and we'll find out anyway, I'd like to hear your opinions.

Krynn

I'm confused. What is this thread about?

I thought that it was a well-known fact that Mundus uses the alias of 'Kyle Ryder'.

Krynn

Well, I learn something new everyday.

Crap, sorry if I came off as snarky in my first post. That was totally unintended. :(

If you check out the DMC fanwiki (I know, wikis are crappy sources) page on DmC!Mundus, it mentions the 'Kyle Ryder' bit in the trivia section.

Dante47

Crap, sorry if I came off as snarky in my first post. That was totally unintended. :(

If you check out the DMC fanwiki (I know, wikis are crappy sources) page on DmC!Mundus, it mentions the 'Kyle Ryder' bit in the trivia section.
It's cool. ^_^
As for the wiki, I haven't really checked it in awhile so I could avoid potential spoilers.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
There is some interesting stuff in that Mundus pic though. It seems like his being made head of Silver sacks was a very recent thing. So he hasn't been in total power for long by the start of the game.

Dante47

There is some interesting stuff in that Mundus pic though. It seems like his being made head of Silver sacks was a very recent thing. So he hasn't been in total power for long by the start of the game.
Agreed. I'm assuming we see Mundus rise in power through cutscenes in between missions.

Krynn

After a bit of squinting at the picture, did anyone else notice that there seems to be a 'Leanna Kennedy' mentioned in there?

I think it's Fabulous Leon in disguise.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm assuming we see Mundus rise in power through cutscenes in between missions.
In the opening of the game, it shows Mundus threatning the President for some kind of deal and he gets away with it. So I'd say that was the big moment for Mundus getting power.

There is a fault in his plan though. If he wanted to rule Limbo city for centuries, he couldn't keep being Kyle Ryder. People would wonder how this guy was livinng for so long. He'd have to fake his own death and reinvent himself every 50 years or so. :p

Devil Player

Maybe that's why Mundus was talking trash to the President...

The President was somehow "helped" by Mundus, who saved the banking system, thus literally saving his ass as a whole, lol. Now, Mundus wants to control him and others who were helped. XD

NwaDeKoko

I apologize if this has been mentioned before.

I noticed a strange newspaper lying around in Dante's trailer, towards the beginning of the game...
The newspaper is surely enough titled: Limbo City Chronicle
The headline proclaims: KYLE RYDER SAVES BANKING SYSTEM
Below, is very obviously a picture of Mundus.
kyle_zps4e81a585.jpg

Even though we're close to the games release and we'll find out anyway, I'd like to hear your opinions.
I don't know if you saw the french comics translations I did but Kyle Ryder was mentionned in it. I really thought it could be Mundus since in the comis they say he's the leader of [I dont remember] thing and he also organise that free Virility give out. So yeah, Thanks to confirm this anyway :)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The President was somehow "helped" by Mundus, who saved the banking system
I think Mundus caused the financial problem just so he could seem like he was saving people. There is mention of a huge sum of money suddenly going missing. I bet he did it.
Then he saves the economy just a little to make himself look good to the public, but still leaves a little financial crisis to blackmail the President.

chocolatepanda

There is a fault in his plan though. If he wanted to rule Limbo city for centuries, he couldn't keep being Kyle Ryder. People would wonder how this guy was livinng for so long. He'd have to fake his own death and reinvent himself every 50 years or so.
Doesnt he control more than Limbo City? Im not sure but a lot people think the body he uses is a host so if thats true it will die of old age on its own and if thats not true he could just fake his death once and then rule everything from the behind the scenes since its probably easy for him to cover it up since he controls pretty much everything.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I thought Limbo city was more like a place to test his ideas for controling humans before he moved on to total world domination (which it seems he has if what Lilith says is anything to go by). >_<
In the comic, it shows he is still trying to perfect Virility for controlling the masses. I assumed once he was able to dope humans up successfully, he could do what he wanted.

Gbraga

May be off topic, but I'll just post it here (Credits to V_Arnold):

Back to playing the game. While the embargo stands, a few points I would like to make:

1) The game starts out way differently as the haters would imagine or love to be. Serious tone and atmosphere, great conversations, amazing (and dare to say, quite morbid, in a Silent Hill-like way) vibe.

2) The first missions without your demo moveset is PAINFUL - but it is over and then the fun can return :p Here those will be happy that did not spend too much time with the demo :D

3) There is a Skin panel, and it says that you can unlock the stuff that you can otherwise pay for as well.

4) I cant yet read the desciption to move upgrades while it is unavailable, so I will not yet comment whether speed upgrades are an option. There are tons of hidden unlockables that are simply Dante abilities, and are not tied to any weapon. The only one available for the start is Enemy Step.

Top Bottom