• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Multiplayer concept

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The traditional multiplayer concept wont really work with DMC as a million Dante's running around makes him less of one in a million character.

So i tried to come up with a new way and decided to use the Assassins creed approach.
Instead of playing as the hero, what about playing as the enemy?

Pretty much the game would let you choose a enemy peon from either the angel camp or the demon camp to play as and most of the multiplayer consists of tasks design to get you thru the ranks to become a captain that commands a group during the war.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
What if you can choose some randow devil character boy or girl..
Ex. there many devil character you can choose from bad devilhunter or "nice"look devilhunters, and it dosent have any DT, after you leveling up HP than u might get it, it depends on the character who can have it, Ex. If the character is strong from beginning of online u won't have it, if the character is weak than u will get the DT to power up your strengt..
And yeah Dante or any character from the game will be online cpu bosses that u can chosse to fight against to rank up HP or fight agaist other online players in the city, like Assassain creed or Red dead redemtion, but will very hard if u can't play..

ZeroLove

Either a co-op mode in a Bloody Palace arena where it's about solving small tasks or just killing lots of enemies, or an angel VS demon mode where it is about getting most points from an arena as well, or maybe killing eachother. That would be awesome!

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Or the battle of all dante's incarnation.But of course vergil,sparda and nero can be there too.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What if you can choose some randow devil character boy or girl..
Ex. there many devil character you can choose from bad devilhunter or "nice"look devilhunters, and it dosent have any DT, after you leveling up HP than u might get it, it depends on the character who can have it, Ex. If the character is strong from beginning of online u won't have it, if the character is weak than u will get the DT to power up your strengt..
And yeah Dante or any character from the game will be online cpu bosses that u can chosse to fight against to rank up HP or fight agaist other online players in the city, like Assassain creed or Red dead redemption, but will very hard if u can't play..

our concepts should be combined as the story reason for the multiplayer is that your character was a human whose soul is being used to animate the character so you could eventually create your own human form.

i rather they use co-op to give us a chance to played as characters we never played before

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
our concepts should be combined as the story reason for the multiplayer is that your character was a human whose soul is being used to animate the character so you could eventually create your own human form.

i rather they use co-op to give us a chance to played as characters we never played before

You mean maybe more like WOW, where you can have a group of each character from the game thats works togheter like
co-op... That will be cool, if they are having any multiplayer in the game.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You mean maybe more like WOW, where you can have a group of each character from the game thats works togheter like
co-op... That will be cool, if they are having any multiplayer in the game.

Never played WOW so i'll take your word for it.

Not neccessarily as we dont know if all those characters are in the game and that is only for the co-op.

Having multiple Dantes running around looses its charm after a while.

@Domenic93- we know that. we are just speculating on what they can do.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Never played WOW so i'll take your word for it.

Not neccessarily as we dont know if all those characters are in the game and that is only for the co-op.

Having multiple Dantes running around looses its charm after a while.

@Domenic93- we know that. we are just speculating on what they can do.

Hmm, soo there will be a co-op in the game?:/

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Best way to do it would be to make a 2-player co-op mode, then a co-op Bloody Palace of up to 4 players, and a mission creator mode to share missions with friends.

chocolatepanda

Would it work if you used a dumbed down version of dante. You make you own devil hunter type thing you can pick gender and clothes some basic hair styles and such then the combat aspect you would have to choose at stance like you can either choose the demon stance or the angel stance(human stance is default so you will always have it) . Maybe even have some moves(maybe weapons too idk) that are multliplayer so it kinda stands out on its own and give you a reason to play it. While playing with other people there could be objectives since you might be able to interact with the environment maybe have some players protect and fend off demons while the others have to solve the puzzle or something before they get overrun by hordes of demons or just really strong ones like multiple bosses coming at the same time. Also maybe even limit the number of weapons you can have like have 2 melee weapons each with the corresponding stance you chose so a total of 4 melee weapons and like two types of guns.

I thought of all this just now so sorry if it doesnt really make sense since i was typing it as it came to mind.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the whip sword thing could be shortened for online since there's multiple people it wont need to be as long.

ReRave

smug jerk
A RPG-aspect would be awesome. Bloody Palace, Co-Op, whoever mashes the most enemies, gets more red orbs and levels up his moves, buys new ones.
I personally am a bitch for character customization, so a character editor would be my epitome of awesome.

Top Bottom