• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mrrandomlulz fixes plotholes (The Mrrandomlulz DMC theory thread)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I have noticed recently that I am not involved as much in discussions about the original series. This thread is to help me share my opinions and things on the original series.

Rebellion theory
Out of all the plotholes in the DMC series, one of the biggest is that Dante, even with his supernatural strength, should not be able to lift a sword like Rebellion that easily.
I thought this one through and came to this conclusion. Rebellion has no weight. It's weight depends on what the holder of the sword thinks it weighs. This is why it took all of Nero's strength just to throw Rebellion at Dante. Yet Dante lifts Rebellion like it is nothing. Thats how Dante pulls off many of his moves too, he shifts the weight of Rebellion to the preferred weight to do that move.
It is a demonic metal, take that into account, weight and mass shouldn't even apply to the damn thing, as it is not even on the Periodic Table. It probably requires the blood of Sparda to lift, similar to how no matter how strong you are, you can't lift Thor's hammer without being Thor.
When noone is holding it, despite its size, it should actually weigh only about 6 lb though.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Nero threw Rebellion at Dante with no problem. Lady was able to throw it to Dante in the 2nd episode of the anime. The metal is probably as you said demonice metal and in the hands of Dante it seems weightless, but in actuallity it's probably the weight of any standard claymore.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I always understood Nero throwing Rebellion like he did to be a fancy cinematic moment. Basically to add more "hi ya" to the moment. I always figured Rebellion is the same weight as a normal sword but because Dante is half Demon he can wield it without a hitch.
It's all in the Demon Blood. ;)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Rebellion is a demon arm and, like most of the demon arms in the DMC mythos, it has a will of it's own. Rebellion's apearence will reflect Dante's inner self in it's outer appearence. My understanding of this is that only those with the blood of Sparda will be able to use that sword to it's full potential. To anyone else it's just a clunk of metal.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Nero did throw it with his demonic arm, which also managed to throw just about everything else without much effort (compared to a normal human), including Dante. Thinking about it, I don't know if that sword would weigh as much as a man. Depends on the metal.

Railazel

Here's a plothole you could fix;

Why does Dante stop using styles in DMC 1 but starts using them again in DMC 4?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Here's a plothole you could fix;

Why does Dante stop using styles in DMC 1 but starts using them again in DMC 4?

easy answer- game function not referenced in the story because he doesnt actually seperate his skills into styles.

he doesnt actually shout out the different names unless its either the quicksilver or doppelganger because those werent skills he learned or abilities he was born with.

plus you could just chock it up as human error since the directors/writters were different for those two games.

Railazel

easy answer- game function not referenced in the story because he doesnt actually seperate his skills into styles.

he doesnt actually shout out the different names unless its either the quicksilver or doppelganger because those werent skills he learned or abilities he was born with.

plus you could just chock it up as human error since the directors/writters were different for those two games.

Oh, I knew that, I was hoping for an in- game answer.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Oh, I knew that, I was hoping for an in- game answer.

in game answer is he had to get retrained by his mentors as after 1 he got lazy.

so after the anime he visited his teachers and they were dissapointed at his lack of training, so they forced him to do his training all over again.

Dante47

Here's a plot hole.

DMC4 takes place after DMC1, so how come Dante acts more like DMC3 Dante if DMC3 takes place before DMC1?

Dante47

Cause CAPCOM is stupid.:troll: Plothole solved.
happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-_clean_-l.png

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hey @MRrandomdude solve this Plot hole

N.E.R.O !!!

Here's a plot hole.

DMC4 takes place after DMC1, so how come Dante acts more like DMC3 Dante if DMC3 takes place before DMC1?

Well its obvious Dante is suffering from MPD(multiple personality disorder)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Here's a plot hole.

in the anime, he was too passive and quiet but eventually he decided that wasnt working out and decided to be fun like his old self again.

and then DMC4 happened and he was hit with realizations that he couldnt figure out how to handle so he relapsed.

plus he didnt take it seriously as no one stood a threat to him and there was no tension.

Dante47

in the anime, he was too passive and quiet but eventually he decided that wasnt working out and decided to be fun like his old self again.

and then DMC4 happened and he was hit with realizations that he couldnt figure out how to handle so he relapsed.

plus he didnt take it seriously as no one stood a threat to him and there was no tension.
What about the giant demon apocalypse that threatened all of humanity that happened in DMC4? I'd consider that a threat.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What about the giant demon apocalypse that threatened all of humanity that happened in DMC4? I'd consider that a threat.

i think he and trish would consider sanctus to be a uninspired and low-level threat compared to what they consider threatening.

he ain't mundus or vergil level.

Dante faces guys like him every other week according to the anime.

plus he could have acted that way just to test nero, see what kind of guy he is. TVtropes pegged him as a trickster mentor in the vein of urahara or jiraiya.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Hey @MRrandomdude solve this Plot hole

N.E.R.O !!!

not neccessarily a plot hole. he is assumed to be either vergil's kid or Dante born 17 years ago before dmc3.

or one of sparda's kids from a different wife. Sparda's been around for 2000 years, im sure eva isnt his only squeeze.

these are all guesses as none of the other cast members were there at his birth.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
not neccessarily a plot hole. he is assumed to be either vergil's kid or Dante born 17 years ago before dmc3.

or one of sparda's kids from a different wife. Sparda's been around for 2000 years, im sure eva isnt his only squeeze.

these are all guesses as none of the other cast members were there at his birth.

He can be clone or a just a human who got possessed by vergil's soul or worse just an evil demon sent by Mundus

Top Bottom