• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most Challenging Single Player Games...EVER

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Devil may cry on DMD was like what the jesus you are cheating and a fraction of sanity was ost to that game

aka958

Don't trust people
Because you were better then...much much better.

Harder than all the snes games are the old rogue-likes from the 80s. Many people have spent vast amounts of time (i read about a guy that played for over 20 years without managing to complete it). They are simple 2D RPGs often on a CLI where the game is incredibly vast (far more enemies than any modern rpg) and an extreme difficulty curve. Also, you only get 1 life.

Dwarf Fortress? o.o

Asmodaius

Even on easy mode, I kept getting killed in Bayonetta.. I got pretty far, but never got to complete it.
It was like playing DMC1 on hard mode which I have alot of trouble getting through as well.
Quite frustrating, really.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Even on easy mode, I kept getting killed in Bayonetta.. I got pretty far, but never got to complete it.
It was like playing DMC1 on hard mode which I have alot of trouble getting through as well.
Quite frustrating, really.

Huh. That's actually kind of odd, as I had no trouble with Bayonetta but DMC1 still chews me up and spits me out.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I never said I was good at it. XD
I just keep getting surrounded and beaten up in Bayonetta, preventing me to go along.

Ah, that's the thing, the game punishes you if you don't learn how to use Witch Time on every enemy. You have to learn what attacks trigger it and what don't.

Nessy

So kinda like Dwarf Fortress? =O

Yeah, like that and other roguelikes, except nethack is a pure roguelike and doesn't have any sim style simulation gameplay.

Also the difficulty in nethack is obviously more apparent, since all you do is blindly play dwarf fortress for hours and there is no completing it, and learning it is a lot simpler.

Newer roguelikes like that and dungeons of dredmor (which i've been playing a bit recently) are still a lot easier than the old ones like nethack and slash'em

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah, like that and other roguelikes, except nethack is a pure roguelike and doesn't have any sim style simulation gameplay.

Also the difficulty in nethack is obviously more apparent, since all you do is blindly play dwarf fortress for hours and there is no completing it, and learning it is a lot simpler.

Newer roguelikes like that and dungeons of dredmor (which i've been playing a bit recently) are still a lot easier than the old ones like nethack and slash'em

Ahh... now I kinda got a clue to what's its all about. =O

Looks like tedious fun. :3

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Contra is the only thing I can think of off of the top of my head. I don't really see RPG extreme bosses as hard, since if you die you just level up some more and then go beat him down. Unless he's meant to be fought only at the max level, and even then I still can't think of any. Crap :(

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. There are lots of Xbox players who say that it's easier than original Ninja Gaiden 2. Guess what, they don't know what they are talking about, like NGS2 have lesser number of enemies. But sometime they forget to mention that they have more health now. There are much more bosses (for example you fight 3 bosses in LVL1 instead of rasetsu only in X version) and you can't play new game plus, what makes Master Ninja difficulty Veeeeery challenging.

Top Bottom