• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mortal Kombat X Special Console Character

The Final Offer

I just watched this and it has been confirmed that there will be console exclusives!

I am interested in who you'd want to be in the new Mortal Kombat game and if you could please provide their variations and what that variation would change!

Also if you pick the same character as someone else, doesn't matter you're opinions on variations and their changes in moveset could be different!

I, for one, believe Rorschach with an Owlman and Ozymandias variation would be acceptable.

Of course, I believe Dante from DmC is the perfect candidate. Variations Angel and Demon. I think Dante will have no problem with fans as his alternate colors are classic and Vergil.

Then we got Spawn. If you know about my love for Spawn then ok, this is a given. Hellspawn or Medieval Spawn. Of course Hellspawn uses alot of necroplasma, whilst Medieval Spawn uses his sword and shield as special moves.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
DmC Dante is completely out of the question in my opinion, the character is definitely going to be a old and iconic one and nothing against DmC Dante but he doesn't fit either of those.

Original Dante would fit more perfectly in that mold, but even he is unlikely.

My betting on Jason Voorhees for PS3 and PS4 and Fulgore for Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
yeah DmC dante is totally unworthy of mk

Who said anything about him being unworthy?

I said he was not a old and iconic character which is something I bet they are going for here, doesn't mean he is "unworthy", don't be that way man, don't go back to those old sarcastic habits.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
He's not iconic; therefore, I thought he must've been unworthy. *shrugs*

saying he is "unworthy" of mk implies that I was saying he is lame and not up to MK standards, at least that is how I took it.

I said he was not a iconic and old character which was something that I'm guessing they are going for here given their recent venture with Freddy Krueger as a guest character.

Just because he does not fit that bill of iconic and old doesn't mean I was saying he was unworthy of MK, i can understand if I was saying something like "Keep DmC Dante away from MK, he doesn't DESERVE to be in it" but obviously that was not the message I was trying to convey.

no need in sticking up for DmC dante at everyturn man, he was not insulted here, I just said he does not fit the criteria for what they could POSSIBLY be looking for which doesn't necessarily mean that he is unworthy of mk.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Would it really be so bad if he were in the game? Just because he doesn't fit the criteria? Does that really automatically mean "out of the question"?

I'm don't even mind. I just think that "not being iconic or old enough" is a good reason to immediately exclude him.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Would it really be so bad if he were in the game? Just because he doesn't fit the criteria? Does that really automatically mean "out of the question"?

Thats the point, I'm not saying it would be bad for him to be in the game man, if they are looking for new and interesting characters to the video game world than under that criteria he would fit the bill and it would be great to see him in it.

Or if they where just choosing just from Playstations or Xbox's personal standpoint and one of them chose him as a exclusive character, that would also be just fine.

I'm only saying that from my outlook on things they are most likely going to be going for iconic and old which means he would not really fit that mold under THAT criteria, doesn't mean I would hate for him to be in the game period.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I hope that you don't hate the possibility of him being in the game. You said you didn't, so I said, "good". I'm also glad you think that if they were looking for new characters, it would be great to see him in it.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm don't even mind. I just think that "not being iconic or old enough" is a good reason to immediately exclude him.

It is if that is what they are looking for man, sorry to say but if that is what they are looking for than yes it is a good reason to automatically exclude him since he does not fit the bill for the kind of character they are looking for, but once again that is assuming they are looking for old and iconic characters not new and edgy ones.

I hope that you don't hate the possibility of him being in the game. You said you didn't, so I said, "good". I'm also glad you think that if they were looking for new characters, it would be great to see him in it.

Yea I never even implied that I hate the possibility of him being in a mk game, you just read to much into my post, I made it clear that it was strictly from a them wanting a old and iconic character viewpoint that I thought he should be excluded as a possibility.

As I said if I had said something like "DmC Dante needs to stay FAR away from MK, he doesn't deserve to be in it!" than I think my post would have warranted such a response.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, if you think it's a good reason to exclude him, then I won't gainsay you. I don't agree with it, but I won't say anything else about it, either.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well, if you think it's a good reason to exclude him, then I won't gainsay you. I don't agree, but I won't say anything else, either.

*sigh*

So say for instance that a gaming company is looking for a new futuristic and tech savy badazz guest character for a game and only wanted such a character for said game since that is their established criteria.

Now say someone came along and suggested Simon Belmont from the castlevania series complete with his Conan the barbarian look, do you honestly think that game company is going to say f**k it and just add him anyway?

No because its not the character they are looking for.

THAT is what I'm saying here man, IF they are looking for iconic and old which is something DmC Dante is not than obviously they are not going to go with him, that is what I have been saying all along.

THAT is why I said he should automatically be excluded under those certain circumstances only, not that he should be excluded completely under any circumstances.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I understand that he shouldn't be "excluded under any circumstances", but that's not going to change my opinion of him being excluded due to "iconography".
Now say someone came along and suggested Simon Belmont from the castlevania series complete with his Conan the barbarian look, do you honestly think that game company is going to say f**k it and just add him anyway?
Who knows? With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if a futuristic fighter (like BlazBlue) made him DLC just because. There's no way to predict these things.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I understand that he shouldn't be "excluded under any circumstances", but that's not going to change my opinion of him being excluded due to "iconography".

Who knows? With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if a futuristic fighter (like BlazBlue) made him DLC just because. There's no way of predicting these things.

But they are completely set on a certain criteria for a new and futuristic character for their game for a reason, can't see a gaming company going back on something like that in favor of a character who fails to meet that criteria completely.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
But they are completely set on a certain criteria for a new and futuristic character for their game for a reason, can't see a gaming company going back on something like that in favor of a character who fails to meet that criteria completely.
Ok... so they won't go back on it. Even if the fans out there were to ask for it, they wouldn't add him. I get that.

By the way, do you know where they said that they were only adding old characters?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
By the way, do you know where they said that they were only adding old characters?

......Did you read my posts man?

I said earlier that I was going off of my assumption of iconic and old given their latest guest character Freddy Krueger.

I NEVER even said anything about it being said by them, from the get go I have been making it clear that its only me going off of the ASSUMPTION of them wanting iconic and old.

Here are a couple parts of my older posts that spell this out pretty clearly,

I said he was not a iconic and old character which was something that I'm guessing they are going for here given their recent venture with Freddy Krueger as a guest character.

no need in sticking up for DmC dante at everyturn man, he was not insulted here, I just said he does not fit the criteria for what they could POSSIBLY be looking for which doesn't necessarily mean that he is unworthy of mk.

THAT is what I'm saying here man, IF they are looking for iconic and old which is something DmC Dante is not than obviously they are not going to go with him, that is what I have been saying all along.

In those listed quotes aboves I make it pretty apparent that I'm only discussing the POSSIBILITY and IF they are going for old and iconic characters, no where did I say that it was 100% for sure what they where looking and confirmed or said by them.

Top Bottom