• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

more difficult than DMC3?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I found the Blitz to be far more annoying than the Frost. But then I try to run past the Frosts and not have to fight them when I'm playing Dante, because they are irritating with Dante.

aka958

Don't trust people
Master Vergil;300992 said:
I found the Blitz to be far more annoying than the Frost. But then I try to run past the Frosts and not have to fight them when I'm playing Dante, because they are irritating with Dante.

They are?

Are really so many people having troubles with frosts?

Hmm... How can I record my PS3 while I play? Then I could show how I deal with them.

No enemies are hard for me, they are the first time you play. The Blitz is still annoying for me because it's time consuming to kill it and it's hard for me to properly finish it off with Dante. Otherwise everything is a breeze.

Hinge:
I never said you needed to prioritise Trickster moves before a normal dodge. I'm talking when something comes at you and it's too late for a normal dodge, the trickster dodge is more instant. Sometimes I bring the moment of the attack so close that only a trickster move can dodge it. Or when for example Berial does his little explosion, a normal dodge won't get you out of reach fast enough, but a sky star and a jump shows great promise.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
when you remove the Blitz shield if you can hit the thing with a real impact (just DT if you think its gonna hit you) and then delay a moment and do real impact again with distortion it can easily finish them in two or three hits (its just keepin them still for the first hit thats the problem but Lucifer spikes help keep them still)

with Nero once the shields are gone just instantly DT, grab them twice while shooting then a normal grab followed by charge shot 2 will kill them(these dont apply exactly to DMD difficulty though)

also a quick beast uppercut(forward swordmaster) followed by real impact is a realy cheap move, that will work on basically every enemy in the game and usually kills in one hit

but as far as difficulty goes i find the enemies in 4 harder but the bosses in 3 much more difficult but thats mainly cause i cant switch styles on the fly :(

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
SpawnShooter;301011 said:
when you remove the Blitz shield if you can hit the thing with a real impact (just DT if you think its gonna hit you) and then delay a moment and do real impact again with distortion it can easily finish them in two or three hits (its just keepin them still for the first hit thats the problem but Lucifer spikes help keep them still)
I do this all time ^_^

@aka - the frosts aren't difficult to beat, just very annoying, hence I avoid them whenever I can. Unless you abuse the Royalguard style, it's not THAT fun killing them, and so it's not worth the battle. Blitz just takes long to kill but can be easily done if you trickster and gunslinger like a madhatter on steroids.

aka958

Don't trust people
Master Vergil;301015 said:
I do this all time ^_^

@aka - the frosts aren't difficult to beat, just very annoying, hence I avoid them whenever I can. Unless you abuse the Royalguard style, it's not THAT fun killing them, and so it's not worth the battle. Blitz just takes long to kill but can be easily done if you trickster and gunslinger like a madhatter on steroids.

I was thinking Gilgamesh, Lucifer and the shotgun. With trickster to approach them and swordmaster to destroy them. With gunslinger if you'll do a shotgun stinger at 'em. Then don't forget that you can interrupt many of their actions with a quick shotgun shot. :p

Yeah... I would do that all the time on the Blitz as well. But sometimes I hit, sometimes it for some reason jump away at a random location, sometimes it hits me before I'm able, I'm rarely able to kill those bastards. But decloaking them is easy.

With Nero it's super easy at DMD. As fast as you've decloaked a Blitz, you DT and hold in charge shot, do the buster move, then there should be little wait until charge shot 3. Do a streak towards the Blitz then release charge shot 3. Start charging again while doing the buster move again and repeat until the Blitz is dead.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;301018 said:
With Nero it's super easy at DMD. As fast as you've decloaked a Blitz, you DT and hold in charge shot, do the buster move, then there should be little wait until charge shot 3. Do a streak towards the Blitz then release charge shot 3. Start charging again while doing the buster move again and repeat until the Blitz is dead.

That also nearly guarantees an SSS rating, too.

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
I'm not too deep into either of the games just yet, but I'd say 4 is easier if you played the original version of Devil May Cry 3. If not, it might seem different. Seems I should "borrow" my nephew's PS2 controller again. He lets me "borrow" it. Besides, his ultra good gamer aunt, in his four year old mind, has a controller that she bit the left analog stick out of place on. He will have as his own truly once I can get another Duelshock 2 at my local gaming store.

It's hard to find those things, so... Wireless time. See ya soon. As I go straight to hell. Sorta.

"Hmm... How can I record my PS3 while I play? Then I could show how I deal with them."

That requires tons of extra tech. You can seek out stuff like HDMI cables, capture cards, or even find ways to make conventional recording hardware do the job. I tried connecting my computer to my PS3, and it won't do a thing. My main computer is a simple Acer 5534 laptop that is good for media stuff, and decent for last gen style PC visuals, and can run games from this gen. It's not sble to like the system that "only does everything", though...

asdfen

all I can say is I find DMC4 challenging especially if starting a new game on Devil Hunter difficulty while character have 0 skills / not able to access DT and haven't maxed the life bar. I think that setup is actually tougher than Son of Sparda with upgraded characters. DMD mode is quiet nice. I dont think that its really possible to make the game much more difficult than DMD where lowest demons take off about 5/th of life if you get hit.

I haven't played DMC3 much just beat it once on easiest difficulty.

aka958

Don't trust people
asdfen;301901 said:
all I can say is I find DMC4 challenging especially if starting a new game on Devil Hunter difficulty while character have 0 skills / not able to access DT and haven't maxed the life bar. I think that setup is actually tougher than Son of Sparda with upgraded characters. DMD mode is quiet nice. I dont think that its really possible to make the game much more difficult than DMD where lowest demons take off about 5/th of life if you get hit.

I haven't played DMC3 much just beat it once on easiest difficulty.

Really? I think that starting on Devil Hunter is really easy. It feels boring in how restricting it is but it's easy to get the most neccessary skills to use through the levels. S ranking about every mission on the first try.

asdfen

I think so yes. I am not talking about starting the new game now that I've played DMC4 to death that would probably be trivial and as you say feel restricting, but playing for the first time yes it was challenging.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
In my opinion I thought DMC4 was harder because a lot of Dante and Nero's moves were watered down. Now having the ability to use all styles any time I felt was better than DMC3's style system but its the watered down moves that made it hard because DMC4 "feels" restricted. Often times I wanted to burst for and woop demon butt, but I felt like the moves weren't enough. Also DMC4's demon enemies are MUCh harder than DMC3's. It takes 4ever to kill a demon in DMC4 because the moves are weaker, unless your dishing combo after combo your not inflicting much damage. I have the 360 version and although I love the 360 controller, the 360 controller is clearly not right for DMC games. So their is a lot to consider. i'm good at DMC4 but some times when I play the game, I adjust myself to Nero's moveset and than when the switch happens I forget Dante's moves for a moment (because I got used to Nero) and than it takes me a minute to unleash Dante's awesome ness. DMC4 is a awesome game but its main problem I felt is, it was to watered down and that made it "hard."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I skipped a bunch of comments to help out with the 'Blitz' issue while playing as Dante, specifically.

The key for me is to use Gunslinger and DT to knock them down since you can't hurt them with a sword while they're enveloped in lightning. And then as soon as the lightning is gone, Swordmaster and go to town until they're about to turn. You'll know this because I think they stop moving and begin to jerk around a little right before they burst back into SUPERDUPERELECTRICITY form. By the time they go back into this form, you should have enough DT gauges filled to do some extra damage while you're using gunslinger again.

Now...just so you guys now...I'm going off of a level 4 basis with both styles

Blitz

Heeeeey.
With my tactics, I can at least, defeat an Blitz. :)

Nero: Charge Shot LVL 3 until he's normal. Then,Exceed LVL 3 Streak, DT and Do 3 chain Devil Busters,pressing the gun button, when you're finished with the 3rd, it's BOOM.

Dante: Swordmaster, Then you do 2-3 DT'ed Stingers(It'll work cuz It PASS through the Blitz, causing damage.), then it should be normal. From here, Dance Macabre, switch to Gilgamesh, Distorted Real Impact, and it's BOOM!

Top Bottom