• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Monster Hunter World

Dark Drakan

Admin
3344534-monster-hunter-world-review-promo-1-2.jpg

Never played a Monster Hunter game before but really like the look of this installment and its being praised highly in lots of reviews.

Anyone here been playing it and have any thoughts or tips to share with fellow players or new players thinking of getting into it?

Review Roundup (will update as I go)

GameSpot -- 8/10
IGN -- 9.5/10
Eurogamer -- Essential
GamesBeat -- 90/100
Destructoid -- 9/10

Monster Hunter World tips to help you excel in the hunt

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Didn't realise it was getting such rave reviews... might have to look into this one. The other MH game(s?) flew under my radar, but this one keeps getting brought up.

I obviously haven't played it, but Capcom for the most part are very competent when it comes to getting the perfect combat mechanics down. Hope others can chime in as I'd love to know how everyone feels about this one, too.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Didn't realise it was getting such rave reviews... might have to look into this one. The other MH game(s?) flew under my radar, but this one keeps getting brought up.

I obviously haven't played it, but Capcom for the most part are very competent when it comes to getting the perfect combat mechanics down. Hope others can chime in as I'd love to know how everyone feels about this one, too.

Yeah overall average on Metacritic at min is 91% (based on 47 positive site reviews) & many of those sites saying it’s an essential purchase & a stunning game. PC version is due in Autumn & might wait for that version as I should have more time on my hands by then too. Some even saying it up there with the best games ever in its genre. It’s meant to be the most accessible one yet which appeals to me as someone (like you) who hasn’t played any in franchise up to now.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I gave it a go and am returning it.

I don't believe it's bad or anything, I just can't get engaged. I don't like the combat and the fact that the quests have time limits killed the game straight away for me.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I gave it a go and am returning it.

I don't believe it's bad or anything, I just can't get engaged. I don't like the combat and the fact that the quests have time limits killed the game straight away for me.

Only thing I didn’t like from watching play throughs on YouTube is the time limits (I know they have always had them). However its never nice to feel rushed or have a “limit” to stick to & never enjoyed timed missions in other franchises. As this title seems to have reached a whole new audience & bought in MANY new fans, if enough people feel the same they might tweak things a little here and there for this one.

Can see why they have certain limits from a balance and gameplay standpoint & 50mins is a decent limit but at the same time it seems a shame to push people to 'rush' encounters as some of the environments and monster designs look stunning.

Dark Drakan

Admin
tehrugger said:
Downloaded the game yesterday. Looking forward to giving it a go.

But it'll be a while since there are currently 3 games I want to play first. And I'm a "one game at a time" guy.

I too have a lot of games in backlog at min and im trying to juggle a handful on multiple platforms and finish the shorter ones first. I shall be keeping my eye on this however and looking at how the PC release goes and might buy it a little down the line if PC port is good.

Dark Drakan

Admin

After reports that Monster Hunter World had been flying off the shelves, with five million copies shipped in the three days following its launch. Capcom has also reported that units shipped have just reached the 6 million mark, making it the fastest selling Capcom game to date - and that's just on consoles. The PC launch is still coming in Autumn 2018 and its momentum looks to continue until then with it receiving worldwide acclaim with 91% review average on PS4 & 93% on XB1.

Top Bottom