• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mirror's Edge 2 cancelled

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Electronic Arts has confirmed that it has canned Mirror's Edge 2, stopping development of the project after early prototypes were deemed to be disappointing.

Speaking to Press 2 Play, EA's Patrick Soderlund said that the series was close to his heart, but that he had to acknowledge the poor sales of the original.

'EA was shown a prototype, but declined with askance,' says Press 2 Play's report (in Swedish). 'The project has been stopped - involved parties at DICE are working on something else now.'

Developer DICE had a small team working on a sequel to 2008's Mirror's Edge since at least November 2010, according to Eurogamer.

In 2008 EA confirmed that it was planning sequels for both Dead Space and Mirror's Edge, both of which had met with 'disappointing sales'. Dead Space 2 saw a release only a few weeks ago.

Despite poor sales, Mirror's Edge is still a firm fan favourite, having earned Sixth Place in our Top 10 Games of 2009 and 9/10 when we reviewed it on release.

Let us know your thoughts in the forums.

Source: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2011/02/14/mirror-s-edge-2-cancelled/1

aka958

Don't trust people
I love how DICE is a swedish game company. Yays! XD

I was not that much for Mirror's Edge to begin with. With all those headache creating shiny white backgrounds just making me want to puke and look away. <_<

But the game had really solid gameplay. Too bad it's sequel got cancelled. ._.

Swedish report? Available anywhere?

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
-insert epic Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I ish sad

The first game was amazing!
I loved everything
The gameplay, the graphics, the atmosphere, the tense feel of knowing you were being hunted, and even the story

I have been waiting for the sequel for a long time, and...now it is gone v_____V'

aka958

Don't trust people
BlueDevil;300221 said:
-insert epic Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I ish sad

The first game was amazing!
I loved everything
The gameplay, the graphics, the atmosphere, the tense feel of knowing you were being hunted, and even the story

I have been waiting for the sequel for a long time, and...now it is gone v_____V'

I think you need this button my friend:
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Dark Drakan

Admin
Its not been cancelled as such its been put on hold while they concentrate on Battlefield 3.

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
Hopefully Mirror's Edge 2 will improve the terrible control layout. I might be the only one who thinks it had the worst layout in terms of which button did which. I have the PS3 version, though...

I love the game, but the controls are just impossible to fully understand. I don't mind a less common control scheme, but why in the holy crap would the game not benefit from a few more common buttons like jump being the X button? Too common?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hopefully Mirror's Edge 2 will improve the terrible control layout. I might be the only one who thinks it had the worst layout in terms of which button did which. I have the PS3 version, though...

I love the game, but the controls are just impossible to fully understand. I don't mind a less common control scheme, but why in the holy crap would the game not benefit from a few more common buttons like jump being the X button? Too common?

It was an ok first attempt but some controls and systems were too slow and inaccurate. Good idea in theory and looked nice but didnt play all that well.

Top Bottom