• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mikami making his last AAA title for Bethesda

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Sad, but true. Shinji Mikami’s Tango Gameworks studio was recently acquired by ZeniMax Media, however, the legendary game director will only make one title under the company’s name before placing himself in a presidential position.

That game is already in the works and is, of course, an AAA title.

“That’s the only sort of title we’re interested in,” Bethesda Asia GM Tetsu Takahasi told the most recent issue of Famitsu. “Any such project is going to involve tens of millions of dollars either way, so instead of cutting development time and features and hoping for a million copies sold, it’s better to take your time, make something great and aim for five million instead. We believe that there’s actually less risk when you do it that way.”

Back to Mikami, he tells the magazine that he’ll assume a presidential position because he wants to give the younger developers employed by his company a chance to flourish.

“I can only last for so long handling both director and company president duties,” Mikami said, “and besides, I want to give our younger developers a chance.”

As this currently unannounced game is Mikami’s last title, he’s promised to put “all of my experience, my energy and everything else I’ve got into this game.”

Thanks, 1UP.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/11/mikami-making-his-last-aaa-title-for-bethesda

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;287520 said:
Bethesda are a fantastic company so they have picked a great team to develop for.

I agree. I am intrigued what game they will make. :) Perhaps an Action RPG game, or a different one?

Chrysander

I am not a fan of Bethesda's games. Hopefully Mikami will steer them in a new direction, rather than fade into the background. He seems to have such flair, originality and most importantly an understanding of what makes games entertaining. It would be a shame to lose that.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chrysander;287664 said:
I am not a fan of Bethesda's games. Hopefully Mikami will steer them in a new direction, rather than fade into the background. He seems to have such flair, originality and most importantly an understanding of what makes games entertaining. It would be a shame to lose that.

I love Bethesda, Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 are superb.

Top Bottom