• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Microsoft to replace any consoles affected by new update

Dark Drakan

Admin
xbox360logo.jpg

Microsoft unveiled a 360 Dashboard Update to Beta testers a couple of days ago which makes way for a new disc format that allows for an extra GB of usable storage on game discs. However a small number of testers on older 360's have reported that some of them experienced a disc read error after updating.

Following a recent update to our system software, we have become aware of an issue that is preventing a very small number of Xbox 360 owners from playing retail game discs.

This issue manifests itself a as a unique 'disc unreadable' or 'disc unsupported' error on the screen. We are also able to detect this issue over Xbox Live and are proactively reaching out to customers that may be impacted to replace their console.

Any Xbox 360 owners receiving this error are encouraged to contact us at www.xbox.com/support/contact so we can verify if the console has been impacted. The console will be replaced and the owner will recieve 12 month of Xbox Live Gold.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Pretty serious case. Glad to see Microsoft responds to this problem fast.

Problem technically hasnt happened to general public yet just a couple of Beta Testers so have to see how many it affects when the updates goes Live for everyone. They can also test their end if people have been affected by it so will contact them too and get it fixed so a lot wont have to contact support themselves.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Problem technically hasnt happened to general public yet just a couple of Beta Testers so have to see how many it affects when the updates goes Live for everyone. They can also test their end if people have been affected by it so will contact them too and get it fixed so a lot wont have to contact support themselves.

Pretty funny, though, on how that problem occurs on some older Xbox 360. Perhaps the update is non-compatible with the older Xbox 360 models and only works 100% on the newer models?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Pretty funny, though, on how that problem occurs on some older Xbox 360. Perhaps the update is non-compatible with the older Xbox 360 models and only works 100% on the newer models?

Well it happened on 1 360 Pro from 2009 which isnt one of the REALLY old ones as i have a core launch console from 2006 still and then a new Slimline one. See how both of them go with the update, at least i know if my older one does have issues it will be replaced for free and get another year free of Xbox Live Gold. It will be to do with the standard firmware versions i imagine and them using much newer ones than the base ones in the older 360's. The 360 has gone through many changes since the core model of 2006 to the Slim of today so some issues with updates have been expected.

Plus the fact Microsoft have changed the DVD drives in 360's 6 times that i know of in 5 years. Updating each model with a better, quieter more efficient one. My first 360 sounded like a jet taking off then got RROD after 4 years of having it (mainly my own fault) and they changed my motherboard, fans and DVD drive. Then they updated the chipset and DVD drive in every model update from there on. My Core 360 is so much quieter now after the upgrades since the RROD and my Slimline is even quieter than that.

Top Bottom