• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Microsoft offer rewards for GamerScore

Dark Drakan

Admin
achievements_obsessed.jpg
Finally Microsoft have decided to reward you for the endless amount of hours you have spent for nothing more than personal gratification and a larger ePenis in the form of your Xbox Live GamerScore. Now it isnt merely a number to show how many achievements you have painstakingly gained it will net you the following...
Those with more than 3,000 points are dubbed Contenders and awarded a gift upon the month of their birth. Champions, who stack up 10,000 or more Gamerscore, are also entitled to a 1 percent rebate on all their Xbox Live Marketplace purchases every month. Those whispered of as Legends stand proud atop 25,000 or more Gamerscore, and get a 2 percent monthly rebate on all Marketplace transactions.
Users must have active Xbox Live Gold memberships and sign up with Xbox Live Rewards to participate in the program.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Good move by Microsoft. I wish Sony would do the same thing for their Trophies, giving certain discounts in PlayStation Store after achieving certain amount of Trophies.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yea i know, i just don't play for trophies or achievements, it's not what i buy games for, & i don't use them as bragging rights.
I much rather have in game unlockable rewards returned instead & be done with it.

I dont play for them either but its nice to get them and have them always on your profile rather than if you sell a game losing anything you gained from your time playing it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Trophies & achievements aren't viewed the same by everyone.
I don't really care about them beyond the point i think it's nice getting something for having, i've said this to my friends loooooong ago as they thought the same thing, *Trophies & achievements are for show so why not get something for them* i personality wouldn't miss them if they were removed altogether because i rather games had actual in game unlockable rewards increasing content & adding more value for gamers instead of a small percentage off something else to spend money on.
The only thing i like about trophies & achievements is hearing the chime whenever i get 1 otherwise i see them as nothing more than cheap bragging rights.

I use them for sometimes trying things I wouldnt usually in games, such as killing 10 enemies in a row with a knife or 4 people with one bullet etc. I dont go out of my way to get them as such but it gives me ideas to try out in games that wouldnt really come naturally in a normal playthrough.

Top Bottom