• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MGS4 possible porting?

Do you think that MGS4 should be ported?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes,

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • **** NO! They got Halo. We get MGS.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • **** YES! Screw the above option >_>

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Noxotic

There are massive rumours on the internet, spread by a Swedish website based who could spread the best rumour. Most Xbox360 Fans consider this rumour to be true, although Konami has made no confirmation of anything as of yet. Kojima said that he wanted it to e PS3 only, but Konami may have another plan in mind. If MGS4 were to get ported, the PS3 would have a major blow to their sales, and would probably have to lower the price tag so more people will buy it.

Do you think that MGS4 should be ported?

Why, or why not?

Dark Drakan

Admin
I say yeah definately should be ported, more platforms means higher sales for the game and more people buying it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The dark knight;41114 said:
I pledge allegiance to SONY!I am forever a Sony fan.

I lost faith in their marketing and sales techniques after the PS2 and have seen their catalog of mistakes grow and grow. Like my faith in Nintendo disappeared after the N64 and i loved that console, i will not buy another Nintendo console again. My faith in Sony has mostly disappeared although i might buy a PS3 at some point though dont see the point for a long time.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The dark knight;41116 said:
Good.As long as you think Nintendo sucks.

Dont get me wrong i wouldnt say they suck as they made a smart move and didnt try and compete with money or power of the Sony and Microsoft products. They outsold them both by using their heads and making a new system and innovative design which was designing genius, though it doesnt appeal to me in the slightest and i wont even touch a Gamecube or a Wii out of principle. The problem is with them the sales are high now but the novelty wears thin fast and i already know people who have sold theirs as they are bored of them, and the fact they have had no mainstream blockbuster titles for a long time.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Haven;41120 said:
I'm a full on sony fan and always will be.

Im a fan of quality games more than any said console, any console that has the most great titles on it is what i would go for. I will not pledge allegiance to any particular company except the one with in my opinion the best games at the time. So i have been a Nintendo fan, a Sony fan and now a Microsoft fan.

Noxotic

Although Im not a sony fanboy, as much as others, I believe that MGS4 should not be ported. Kojima has wanted MGS4 to stay on the PS3. I hope he gets his wish. After all, this is HIS last MGS game. Also, the PS3 sales will plummet if this gets ported. Xbox has many major games that were ported to it from the PS3, so if Sony's last game gets ported, a major blow will come to the PS3's sales, and they might end up stopping their gaming console in total. I like the competition, even if the sony market crashing is highly unlikely, I would like to help support Sony seeing as how Microsoft is doing well on its own. Also, People complain about the PS3 being over priced. The Xbox360 is $400. Ps3 is $600. Its not too much of a difference if you think about it. Just save up around 200 dollars and you got it. People over-exagerate.

Anyways, those are my current thoughts on the matter.

Dark Drakan

Admin
»_")^Nexon^("_«;41184 said:
Although Im not a sony fanboy, as much as others, I believe that MGS4 should not be ported. Kojima has wanted MGS4 to stay on the PS3. I hope he gets his wish. After all, this is HIS last MGS game. Also, the PS3 sales will plummet if this gets ported. Xbox has many major games that were ported to it from the PS3, so if Sony's last game gets ported, a major blow will come to the PS3's sales, and they might end up stopping their gaming console in total. I like the competition, even if the sony market crashing is highly unlikely, I would like to help support Sony seeing as how Microsoft is doing well on its own. Also, People complain about the PS3 being over priced. The Xbox360 is $400. Ps3 is $600. Its not too much of a difference if you think about it. Just save up around 200 dollars and you got it. People over-exagerate.

Anyways, those are my current thoughts on the matter.

Yeah i agree with what your saying but i dont want to shell out the $600 for the sake of one game and so i will not buy it if it stays exclusive. Thats assuming i havent got a PS3 by then (by the look of the lack of games that seems likely). The Xbox 360 is also thinking about a price drop soon so if it was indeed ported i think you would be correct in saying sales of the PS3 would plummet as the gap between prices would be much larger. Its a tough thing to say either way if you are a games fan and not a fanboy of any console, because as a games fan you want to be able to have access to all good games. Also the fact that competition in the games industry is good and is what makes the developers strive to improve and i dont want to see the end of the rivalries as it might cause them to become lazy and not try and better or outdo each other.

Top Bottom