• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Solid vs Assassin's Creed

Which game is the best in following and learning remedial history?

• Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Assassin's Creed

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Both

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Metal Gear Solid & Assassin's Creed are one of my best fighting games due to history and events.

But between Snake and the Assassins, who would win?

Viper

Premium
Metal Gear Solid is not really a fighting game, it's tactical espionage action, aka a stealth game.
I'm not sure what are you asking, which one has better story or...? Cause that is subjective and in the end there is no real winner.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Snake could probably beat desmond in a fight as Desmond's chosen-one-ness was more his ability to interact with First Civ tech than combat/physical prowess.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Who would win? Well, in a fight Snake has access to more advanced technology like modern firearms.
In terms of stealth, Snake has the octocamo and stealth camo so he wins there as well.

It's kind of hard to compare them when they're so different.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Metal Gear Solid is not really a fighting game, it's tactical espionage action, aka a stealth game.
I'm not sure what are you asking, which one has better story or...? Cause that is subjective and in the end there is no real winner.

It's about which series has the best involvement with history?

Viper

Premium
It's about which series has the best involvement with history?
Uh... I dunno?
MGS has the benefit of using more modern history, so they have more information to go from, and it feels closer to people playing it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Mgs doesn't go into historical depth like assassins creed does, so on that basis ac wins on a history sense since there all based on different ages with great and evil historical figures.

Mgs is a lot more fictional with little references to actual events but in a fight I believe snake would win in his prime in an all out fight , but thanks to eagle vision and the goggles they would stalemate in stealth I think.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
id say assassin's creed has the better history cus just about every thing that isn't assassin/templar related actually happened
like in AC3 seeing the declaration of independence get singed is pretty cool

were as in metal gear most of what happends in those games is completely fictional you don't really take part in anything historical except the cold war in MSG3
but hearing the codec's that talk about history are pretty cool too

but then Metal Gears own history gets weird like in 1974 (Peace Walker) they have the tec to made Metal Gear's that are just as good as Metal Gear Rex which was made in 2005 (MGS1) whats up with that?

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Wait, what? We're supposed to compare the historical aspect of both series?

That's a bit unfair considering Metal Gear isn't a historical series. Hell, the Solid snake games all took place in the future.

Top Bottom