• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MercurySteam making some kind of sci-fi game

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
http://www.pcgamer.com/lords-of-shadow-dev-mercurysteam-making-some-kind-of-sci-fi-game/

Lords of Shadow dev MercurySteam making some kind of sci-fi game

Tom Sykes Mar 19, 2016

wXRjXFbXm2lt.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

MercurySteam made the respected Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and also its...less respected sequel. Still, it's a developer worth keeping an eye on: there was a lot of technical and artistic wizardry in that first game in particular. A few months after posting a mysterious teaser image on its website, the dev has replaced its entire site with a teaser for its mysterious new sci-fi game.

There's no name yet, but we know that it's a game about "exploring new worlds, fighting strange creatures, [and] discovering new heroes". I'm not sure what that means, exactly, but it also seems to be a game about a cigar-chomping dude controlling a mech. (See above.)

The new teaser site has some gubbins about an expedition, a crew in hibernation, and an on-the-nose reference to Alien's ship A.I., Mother. It also features a countdown to April 15, which is presumably when the game will be revealed.

In the accompanying press release (it seems a bit mad to release a press release for a teaser site), it's revealed that former Konami Head of Studio—and producer of the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series— Dave Cox is working with the team on the game. Here's some art:

lpUjzLdJ8h3u.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

bWRBdi9Fxn4q.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

fi10a12aLYR3.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

oh, nothing but great news for me these past months, DMC5's possible continuity, NT with the secret project and dontnod with vampyr.. and the best thing of em all are the three newcomer NT, dontnod and mercurysteam is still going

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i dunno, it's the same thing in any news i can find on this.. but judgin from the third pic, i guess it's still relevant, maybe it's like xenogears, there's the sci-fi part and there's fei fong wong

Top Bottom