• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Merchandise On RE Chaos Site

Should There Be Merchandise?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arwen

Lost Soul
I've been thinking about this recently. I was thinking of adding a merchandise section to my site. Not right now but quite soon. I need a bit of feedback on this subject as there is no point in doing this if no one is interested in it. So I have done this as a poll. All comments are welcome and much appreciated.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Its a hard subject to gauge with copyright laws on resident evil name, thats why we never made any with projectego name.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dalkin;47978 said:
That's true. I forgot about that. :lol:

Yeah just have to look up the copyright laws with the name, merchandise with just forum name etc is fine but if you use official names like resident evil then you could be sued.

Arwen

Lost Soul
It's a question on paying the company for the copywrite to do anything with there creations. Why my books based on game characters are all fan fic and not prober books. Not yet anyway.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dalkin;47983 said:
It's a question on paying the company for the copywrite to do anything with there creations. Why my books based on game characters are all fan fic and not prober books. Not yet anyway.

Soon as you start making any cash off another companies name it becomes a problem. Websites arent to bad but when you start making merchandise it becomes another matter, have to ask them for permission which often they dont give.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I'm finding it hard to get through to Capcom. I have sent them a message saying that I'm interested doing merchandise based on there characters and how I would go about doing that. So far nothing. I'm going to ask them again though it might not be for a little while yet. Companies can be so annoying sometimes.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dalkin;47996 said:
I'm finding it hard to get through to Capcom. I have sent them a message saying that I'm interested doing merchandise based on there characters and how I would go about doing that. So far nothing. I'm going to ask them again though it might not be for a little while yet. Companies can be so annoying sometimes.

I wouldnt expect a swift reply... id be quite surprised if you got one at all to be honest.

Arwen

Lost Soul
So do I that's why I'm trying to make a name for myself in publishing with my own written works first. I hope it'll be easier to get a foot in the door if I get established as a writer.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dalkin;47998 said:
So do I that's why I'm trying to make a name for myself in publishing with my own written works first. I hope it'll be easier to get a foot in the door if I get established as a writer.

Really hard to get noticed by developers though and making money off their name that they arent doesnt go down well with most.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I'm not sure how Capcom feels about that but they have a few books like the RE books and DMC manga that was done out of their company. Squre-Enix is a company that'll be hardest to convince I would say. I haven't seen anything merchandise wise that they haven't done themselves.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
I know for a fact that Capcom will not give permission to profit off of any of their Copyrighted things - that is why R.L.Scott of Shadow Motion Pictures could not sell Devil May Cry : Sins Remembered as just a main feature on one disc. That is why he had to put his own original film on there, and put Devil May Cry as a special feature bonus. But, I don't think you will get the permission to be honest. You would just have to make it solely based on the site, rather than the actual series.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
He sent the Book off for Capcom to review, and they gave him the all clear, that is what I imagine you would have to do. If you were to get permission in the first place.

Top Bottom