• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mass Effect Film

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
EA made anime/films to Dante's Inferno and Dead Space. They really weren't that bad (IMO).
I wouldn't play dead space, but i like the films.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Don't think Mass Effect really belongs as an anime. If there's any video game that could survive as a live action film, it's this one. Mass Effect has enough story to fill a trilogy of films and doesn't entirely rely on an onslaught of combat to keep the story going. In the hands of an able director with a big budget, it could really take off. The best part of it all is that Mass Effect, as a film, could be a crowd-pleaser for nongamers as well.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
This is what I don't get - the game is better than any film could be, it's much longer and more detailed than any film would be, unless it were a series, and then if it were a series, it would still be better to play it and have the interactive gaming experience than sit and watch a condensed version of the whole thing, where someone else has decided all the outcomes.

I personally favour games over films as an experience, if they are well-written and well-made... even a sub-par gameplay experience with a wonderfully-crafted story with memorable characters has left deeper impressions on me than the vast majority of films. With films (especially those made recently with a lot of 'style over subtance') I often find myself feeling uninvolved, just staring at the screen. With games I am never uninvolved... I am always involved because I am playing the story. It's the same reason why I think horror games do not work well as films (besides the bad directors like Anderson and Boll making them even worse)... because sitting there watching things is *far* less 'scary' than it is to step in to the character yourself and guide them around a creepy basement, discovering things at whim and actually 'experiencing' them in real time. Plus for the past decade, most games have cinematic cutscenes anyway which make them even more like movies... only better.

I'm not sure why I would even make such a film, unless I were the company trying to make a few more bucks out of the hardcore fans. I'm sure most fans would just prefer the next full game over such a thing.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
As a big anime fan,i'm not even sure if i'm gonna like this.The animation is like a typical anime and it doesn't suit mass effect.They should just made a CGI film or something.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think a live action mass effect film wouldn't be a good idea because the core element of making your own choices wouldn't be in there which is a apart of the charm of the series. I'm not saying they cant make a good movie off it but it wont be as good as that key element wont be there and you wont see your shepard out there.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I have never really enjoyed Mass Effect so this does not concern me, but Mass Effect is like what Star Trek used to be, it's only enjoyable once you find out what the hell is going on, something I never managed to accomplish with Mass Effect because I was too busy switching straight to GTA4.
The difference? Start Trek was enjoyable no matter what because of Q (John De Lancie, the same guy who played Discord in MLP).
So when Mass Effect gets an omnipotent guy throwing a mexican fiesta
Then I will play it

Top Bottom