• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Love for Godzilla and the monsters!

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I've always adored Godzilla and the huge variety and scale of the monsters. As a child I remember watching all of the Godzilla films and them having a special place within my heart. I remember pretending to be Godzilla and running around, breaking things as a younger child. Good memories. But yes, I adore all of the monsters to pieces. While the human acting in the movies may not be all that great, you can't say that you don't have fun during the movies. And the only "Godzilla" movie that I hated was that abomination, Godzilla from either 98 or 99. I hated everything about that movie but Zilla herself, who was an actually pretty neat variation of Godzilla herself. She eventually became her own version of Godzilla, who was later renamed and licensed as simply, "Zilla". She even appeared in the Godzilla Movie, "Final Wars." But she lost. Tee Hee.

Possibly one of my favorite fighting games ever was Godzilla: Save the Earth for the original Xbox. It was a follow-up title to Godzilla: Melee and I loved every minute of it. The game offered a huge amount of unlockables and concept art, and allowed for new monsters and stages to be unlocked via points. I have so many memories playing that game with my dad or my friends as a kid, I was always Godzilla 2000 or Mechagodzilla 3 (Kiyru). I remember getting so excited at Toys-R-us in second grade when I discovered that they had a 24 piece set of little collectable Godzilla Monsters. They were neatly sculpted and looked just like their movie counterparts.

But what monsters are your favorites? Who do you like the most and why?Oh, and if you list either Godzilla, Mecha-Godzilla, or Gigan; Try to remember that they have different forms and variations. The Gigan that you like may be different from the Gigan I like.

GodzillaDVDicons.jpg

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I adore Zilla. She's awesome. :3 Too bad Toho bought the rights to use her just so they could have Godzilla totally destroy her. ._.

going back to original Toho works, I love Hedorah, Biollante, Destoroyah, Spacegodzilla, and Bagan. I've even drawn Bagan, I believe.

BLACKSWIPE

Gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I adore Zilla. She's awesome. :3 Too bad Toho bought the rights to use her just so they could have Godzilla totally destroy her. ._.

going back to original Toho works, I love Hedorah, Biollante, Destoroyah, Spacegodzilla, and Bagan. I've even drawn Bagan, I believe.
I like her too, her design is really cool. I could easily see the two teaming up in some sort. Zilla (in my head) has always been a faster, more agile monster who could run and scale buildings really fast, not to mention burrow really fast. Godzilla on the other hand, is also pretty fast but I can imagine though that he would probably be stronger than a good majority of the monsters. He could lift up a shat load of other monsters like King Ghidora and launch them up into the air like they were nothing. I mean hell, look at what he did to Kumonga.. But yeah! Speed and Power, imagine that! No one could oppose them if they worked together, except for maybe Orga or Monster X.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like her too, her design is really cool. I could easily see the two teaming up in some sort. Zilla (in my head) has always been a faster, more agile monster who could run and scale buildings really fast, not to mention burrow really fast. Godzilla on the other hand, is also pretty fast but I can imagine though that he would probably be stronger than a good majority of the monsters. He could lift up a shat load of other monsters like King Ghidora and launch them up into the air like they were nothing. I mean hell, look at what he did to Kumonga.. But yeah! Speed and Power, imagine that! No one could oppose them if they worked together, except for maybe Orga or Monster X.

But you have to think, if they went in fighting Orga or Monster X together, they'd have a huge advantage, since they're doing two-on-one. Zilla would be the fast, distractor type of combatant while Godzilla would be the slower, stronger bruiser. That's not to say that either one would not be well-versed in the other's combat style.

And hell, could even make for some good dramatic tension if they end up developing feelings for each other. Well, as much as a pair of semi-sentient giant monsters can "love" anyway.

BLACKSWIPE

And just a lively message to the director of this movie:

I couldn't give a rats ass about the star-studded cast. I want Godzilla to be the main star of the movie, not a bunch of over emotional kids who turn out to be 'protectors of the Kaiju" or hardened military sergeant or some crap like that. I want Godzilla to be the star of the movie.

BLACKSWIPE

But you have to think, if they went in fighting Orga or Monster X together, they'd have a huge advantage, since they're doing two-on-one. Zilla would be the fast, distractor type of combatant while Godzilla would be the slower, stronger bruiser. That's not to say that either one would not be well-versed in the other's combat style.

And hell, could even make for some good dramatic tension if they end up developing feelings for each other. Well, as much as a pair of semi-sentient giant monsters can "love" anyway.
Though I have to wonder how Minilla or Godzilla Jr. came into being. Maybe they did meet up and have kids.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Though I have to wonder how Minilla or Godzilla Jr. came into being. Maybe they did meet up and have kids.

Then how the hell do you explain Godzilla absolutely destroying Zilla in Final Wars? Lover's quarrel? XD

Oh god, maybe that's why she was pregnant in her own movie? They ah, kissed and made up? I'm thinking way too deeply into this...

BLACKSWIPE

Then how the hell do you explain Godzilla absolutely destroying Zilla in Final Wars? Lover's quarrel? XD
Domestic Abuse.

No one is immune to it.

Zilla called Angurius and Mothra after the fight and they comforted her and took her away. Godzilla after his rage felt terrible and slept on the couch for a good week even though Zilla wasn't there. Rodan later came over to speak with Godzilla about the fight, he understood what he did wrong and went to apologize.

Oh god, I'm putting way too much thought into this.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I saw the production art at Comic-con and It looked pretty awesome! But I swear to mother ******* god, if they ruin this like with what they did with Godzilla 98...

Gareth is going back to the original roots of godzilla. A terrifying destructive force of nature. The movie is also gonna be very dark and serious just like the original godzilla 1954.

SO GUYS JOIN THE HYPE!!!
It's good to be skeptical though. Even though this is Legendary pictures.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Domestic Abuse.

No one is immune to it.

Zilla called Angurius and Mothra after the fight and they comforted her and took her away. Godzilla after his rage felt terrible and slept on the couch for a good week even though Zilla wasn't there. Rodan later came over to speak with Godzilla about the fight, he understood what he did wrong and went to apologize.

Oh god, I'm putting way too much thought into this.

This is so non-canon it almost hurts, but dammit, this is what I'm taking as official now. XD I will simply accept no other explanation.

BLACKSWIPE

Gareth is going back to the original roots of godzilla. A terrifying destructive force of nature. The movie is also gonna be very dark and serious just like the original godzilla 1954.

SO GUYS JOIN THE HYPE!!!
It's good to be skeptical though. Even though this is Legendary pictures.
Though they also have to keep some key elements into the movie, that even though Godzilla is full of hatred and anger, he still does try to protect the earth and some of earth's cities against aliens and rogue monsters.
when i see gorosaurus i think of a mix of goro and a tyranosaurus

Gorosarus is actually a mutated Dinosaur, and is a very old and ancient one at that.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Though they also have to keep some key elements into the movie, that even though Godzilla is full of hatred and anger, he still does try to protect the earth and some of earth's cities against aliens and rogue monsters.
well i like to believe gorosaurus is a four armed dinosaur :troll:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm a huge Godzilla fan I've seen every movie as well as clips from Zone Fighter featuring him. I also enjoyed GODZILLA 1998 Zilla #1 shouldn't have died but lived! I maintain my stand that Godzilla from 70's is the best fighter incarnation of Big G ever.
All hail Megalon!

Top Bottom