• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lost Odyssey

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
When I first bought this game, I didn't think it was going to be such as good as Final Fantasy, but to me it was actually a very detailed game in my opinion, anyway. For me this games was stunning, I mostly enjoyed it because of how the characters slowly regain their memories and actually come to realise that Gongora had used their emotions/families, etc to seal their memories within.

Anyway, this thread is for other members to say what they thought of this game, their likes and dislikes about the Story, Battle System etc. :lol: Also, use this thread to help other members who need advice if they don't know where to get or how to get the Ultimate weapons. But I hardly think some people had trouble with it. I also checked if someone already made a thread like this but I didn't see one or am I just blind:D

I used the spoiler just incase there are some people don't want to runin it for themseleves.^^ etc.
The game starts on a full-scale battle between Uhran and Khent forces, with Kaim assisting the Urhan forces, when a large meteor drops from the sky and wipes out both armies. Kaim, one of the few survivors, returns to the Uhran council to learn they believe Gongora's Magic Staff project - a giant tower aimed to collect and focus magical energy - is responsible for the destruction. The council orders Kaim to investigate. Gongora, worried that Kaim may regain his memories, hires Jansen to follow along, keeping track of the party using a Spy Eye embedded in Jansen's pupil. Seth joins the two as they travel to the Staff. The trio is captured by Numara forces as they arrive at the Staff and are taken aboard the White Boa, a giant ocean-going vessel. Inside, the three manage to escape their cell, and stumble upon Queen Ming, who Jansen is immediately smitten for and tries to escape the ship with her. The three are recaptured and held until they return to Numara, but Queen Ming allows them their freedom as representatives of the Uhra government though they are to remain near the city.

Exploring the outskirts of Numara, they come across Lirum, Kaim's daughter, on her deathbed. Though pleased to see her father again, she dies shortly thereafter, and Kaim takes in her children, Cooke and Mack, per her wishes. The party returns to Numara to find that Gongora has urged King Tolten of Uhra to denounce the republic and recreate the old monarchy, on the basis of images taken from Jansen's Spy Eye of the Numara fleet preparing for war. The group attempts to plead with the Queen for help. Kakanas, the Queen's advisor, uses the opportunity to try to usurp the throne in order to establish a militia state, and Queen Ming is forced to flee with the others on an experimental speed boat from the city. Unable to return to Uhra due to difficult waters, the party makes their way to Gohtza. Along the way, Kaim is reunited with his wife, Sarah. They come across the Experimental Staff, the precursor to the Grand Staff, being striped of components by Gongora to be used on the Grand Staff, and barely escape its destruction.

Arriving in the city of Gohzta, Kaim and Sarah meet secretly with its King, an old friend of theirs, who asks if they would help to participate in negotiations with King Tolten aboard a secured train. Kaim and Sarah offer to help and bring along Queen Ming, which the King agrees to. However, Kaim and Sarah are forced to follow Cooke and Mack who have accidentally driven off on another train, leaving Jansen and Seth to guard the proceedings. During the proceedings, it is revealed that Gohzta is also trying to create a Grand Staff of their own. Gongora, who has watched the talks through a Spy Eye in Tolten's pupil, uses the Grand Staff to quickly freeze the entire kingdom of Gohtza to stop their Grand Staff project. The part aboard the train act quickly to prevent themselves from being frozen: Seth manages to grab onto Tolten before he teleports safely back to Uhra, while Jansen and Ming manage to escape with their combined magical power. Jansen and Ming find they have fallen in love for each other, and later regroup with Kaim, Sarah, and the children at a Gohtza refugee camp. Meanwhile, Tolten and Seth, back in Uhra, learn that Gongora has declared Tolten dead and taken over the kingdom. An attack by the remaining Gohztan forces ensues, during which Gongora summons giant beasts with the Grand Staff to lay waste to the attackers. Seth and Tolten use the distraction created by the chaos to rescue Sed, Seth's son and a well-renown pirate, and escape in his pirate ship. They return to Gohtza and reunite with the others. The immortals fully recover their memory, and realize that they are in one of several worlds under observation of an alien race which they themselves are part of; for every year that passes in the alien's world, a millennium passes in this world, giving Kaim and the others their apparent immortality.

Due to the power of the Grand Staff, the party finds that the only way to approach it is to break an ice wall surround the staff, which only the White Boa can do. The group returns to Numara, saving the city from further beasts summoned by Gongora and putting down Kakanas' uprising, restoring Queen Ming to her rightful place. The group takes the White Boa to the Staff and are able to work their way through the tower-like structure, but not before Gongora reactivates it, flying the rest of the tower towards the Hall of Mirrors, a tower that only the Grand Staff can reach. The immortals realize that Gongora's plan is to reactive the Hall of Mirrors and destroy the connection between this world and the alien world. He also intends to kill the other immortals. This would leave him as the last immortal and effectively make him into a god in this world. The party faces Gongora a final time, with the mortals using their combined power to create a barrier to hold back Gongora's full strength to allow the immortals to defeat him. However, the barrier begins to feed off the power from the Mirrors, trapping the mortals inside and exposing them to the fatal time effects of the alien world. As Gongora recovers, Seth grabs him and drags him to the Mirrors, instructing Kaim to break the Mirrors to prevent Gongora or herself from returning. The mortals are freed, and the rest of the party is able to escape before the Hall of Mirrors implodes. At the game's conclusion, peace falls upon the kingdoms, allowing Kaim and Sarah to raise Cooke and Mack in peace, while Ming and Jansen are married, all realizing that Seth will be able to observe their happy endings.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Certainly a good game, and one of the more immersive and enjoyable JRPGs I've played at that, I just regret never finishing it, I got to like...The last part of disk 4, and I just stopped playing it, I did exactly the same thing with things like Star Ocean, and yet I've never had the motivation to actually finish it off...Considering I know the ending already, there's no surprises in store for me.

Meh, plus I'm overleveled, things got too easy.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Same here! When I first fired up Lost Odyssey I thought... meh, this is never going to beat the awesomeness that is Final Fantasy VII. But after giving it some time and getting used to it (I've completed it since then), I can honestly say I think it's an improvement over the FF series in almost every way.

I love the updated battle mechanics, the fact that half my party are invincible (well, sort of), and I really enjoyed spending tens of hours levelling up to defeat The Immortal One. I like that I can fight him multiple times, too, and it's always pretty epic.

However, the one and one scene that I really disliked in Lost Odyssey - that almost completely put me off listening to the story - was the one where...

After meeting Mack and Cooke, Kaim arrives at their home just in time for him to see his daughter, Liram, die.

I just thought that scene was handled terribly. I mean, I won't go into it, but I found so many things wrong with it that it really wound me up.

Other than that - can't wait for Lost Odyssey 2! :D

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
devilmaycry;158805 said:
Same here! When I first fired up Lost Odyssey I thought... meh, this is never going to beat the awesomeness that is Final Fantasy VII. But after giving it some time and getting used to it (I've completed it since then), I can honestly say I think it's an improvement over the FF series in almost every way.

I love the updated battle mechanics, the fact that half my party are invincible (well, sort of), and I really enjoyed spending tens of hours levelling up to defeat The Immortal One. I like that I can fight him multiple times, too, and it's always pretty epic.

However, the one and one scene that I really disliked in Lost Odyssey - that almost completely put me off listening to the story - was the one where...

After meeting Mack and Cooke, Kaim arrives at their home just in time for him to see his daughter, Liram, die.

I just thought that scene was handled terribly. I mean, I won't go into it, but I found so many things wrong with it that it really wound me up.

Other than that - can't wait for Lost Odyssey 2! :D

At first I was a bit unhappy that we didn't get any some sort of "Summon" but after constantly play throught the game, I realise that it was actually better without any summons at all :D I thought that the Ultimate spell (The HUGE meteor) was crap, I think it would of been better if it actualy did any damage rather than just "Instant Death":dry:

I don't have a 360:( but I DO still have the Lost Odyssey game:lol::lol: Steve, I hope you're right about Lost Odyssey 2.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I really enjoyed the game and instantly felt at home when playing it as it plays like a Final Fantasy title but with some decent improvements. Quite liked the story of it too, i never actually got around to completing it yet but im sure i will at some point. :lol:

Top Bottom