• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

lolipop chainsaw

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i played this in the last two days and put it on assuming it would be crap but was completely shocked, it‘s silly but has some funny bits and dialogue the combat is a,lot of fun and so are the boss encounters i enjoyed it.

It was a fun game the story is odd but it‘s definitely a laugh so i was wondering has anyone else played it and what are your thoughts?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, Suda51 games aren't that great but they usually turn out to be pretty fun. Shadows of the Damned is got fantastic gameplay but it lacks some pretty basic functions, for example. There is always something keeping them from been great but they are worth playing.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
never played shadows of the damned i must check it out and ya its fun for a while but it doesn‘t leave a lasting impression

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
It's been on of the games that I've yet to restart on the 360, but I can't be bothered.
Personally, it's a great game, but the only thing putting me off is the birthday cake that explodes in the gymnasium on the first level...

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I completely finished the game and it was a blast, especially when you use the 'Nick card' or her boyfriend's head.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
i agree a sequel would be awesome :D
It would be awesome. I had a load of fun with Lollipop. Sure, the game was a little insane, but that's what I loved about it. The selling point for me was the fact that you can kill zombies as a cheerleader, then the zombies bleed rainbows, and you do this all to that 'Hey Mickey' song. Pretty awesome. The whole game is what I imagine some kind of acid trip to be like. :lol:

Btw, what is it with Suda and making games with talking head sidekicks?:p

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yea i'd love to see official word of a LollipopChainSaw sequel by Grasshopper Manufacture.
Anything else is total Frankenberry propaganda.
Does Suda even make sequels? Shadows of the damned didn't get one...I was hoping it would considering the ending left it open for continuation.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i hope they do ha a cheerleader killing zombies while swining on a stripper pole is just epic i would love to see them step it up in a sequel and nicks new body at the end is hilarious he looks like a child

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Does Suda even make sequels? Shadows of the damned didn't get one...I was hoping it would considering the ending left it open for continuation.

Only No More Heroes got 1 sequel and Suda also stated or hinted at a NMH3 starring a new main character since Travis's assassination days are over.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Lollipop Chainsaw was one of the games my seven year old brother was begging me to get for him. So I decided to by it (along with my copy of DmC) and I must say I was actually impressed by how ranchy and stupidly fun it is. It's gameplay is lacking at some points which is the curse of every Suda 51 game; cool story, stylish action, hilarious moments, and ok gameplay. but the funny lines and cool colorful sparkling action makes up for its gameplay. Though I wasn't really carrying for any of the characters as much as I should've, but then again, I cared about few characters that Suda makes besides some of the characters from NMH.

But Lollipop Chainsaw was a fun game. I'd love to see a sequel to it.

And considering the easter egg of Juliet Starling being in Killer is Dead (latest Suda game), I get the feeling that this isn't the last time we see are chainsaw swing zombie hunting cheerleader.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'd love to see spin offs with Juliet's sisters & parents each having their own games.
Then 6months after the last game Grasshopper Manufacture puts together a collection called The Starling Zombie Hunter collection.
Then Grasshopper Manufacture announces Starling Family Reunion. A 2player co-op where members of the Starling family can be selected to play as with different endings for each.

And multiplayer online where family members or zombies can be selected.
With modes like
Team battle
capture the zombie head
graveyard robbery
last corps standing
battle royal

But I wonder how Grasshopper can afford all that? Suda's games are unique and fun, but sales don't show it as much. I'd actually like to see a crossover game with all of Suda's characters in one game. Now THAT would be the game of Suda's career.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Never played it myself, but I was curious about it so I watched the cut-scenes (games like these aren't really made for story so I didn't think it was a big deal) and I thought it was hilarious.

Tables

...chairs?
LOL, this game is so underated. It's a Suda 51 so you know what to expect, lots and lots of innuendos. Just my thing.

It's not one of my all time favorite games but combat is so much fun and it's impossible to hate Juliet.

Top Bottom