• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's gush about DMC2!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante's outfit was incredible in DMC2. In the beginning I disliked the black-vest thing that he wears, but when in DMC3, there wasn't a DMC2 Dante costume I was really disappointed. He's the first Dante to wield Rebellion after all and would fit with the DMC3 stages. The force edge Dante was kinda funny since the whole game is about it, and you can have DMC1 Dante with it, as if nothing's wrong with thatXD

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I really like how the Shotgun was mid to close range weapon, and the 3 different poses he makes are so cool, also being able to do rain storm by just being upside down in the air instead of pressing a different button. The ability to run on walls without the need to change styles. It also had the most variety of ground combos. And it had CGI!! i dont think they need it anymore because the character designs look so good now.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
i recently bought a magazine which had DMC HD collection article in it... and what's the fIrst thing they start moaning about DMC2!
It's definitely an underrated game. But i don't understand why so many don't like it.
Was it easier than the other games? I'm still playing it on hard difficulty and i still can't get past that thing that comes out of the building (the giant head. I sure someone will know what it's called ;) )

Asmodaius

DMC2 had some really cool and some even scary monsters. I don't find marionette clowns or sacks filled with vermin or chess-pieces jumping around trying to attack me scary or cool... But a demonic goat with wings, skeletons caught in spiky cages with massive blades, small porcelain heads of angelic baby heads, cloaked cultists who throw lightning at me... those are freaky!

One of the few monsters from DMC2 I think look rather silly though is the Puia... I mean... it's just a big annoying bird.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The levels were awesome as well. The city and the village had this gothic yet modern atmosphere that inspired some sort of weird fear - big places with no one around, you get the feeling who-knows-what's-coming-for-me - and the last stages in which, the closer we went to the underworld, the more corrupted/demonized they appeared, gave off an awesome feeling. Like your actions actually meant something. In DMC3 you just run and beat up monsters to get the key to open the next door. (With the exception of missions 18-19).

Asmodaius

The levels were awesome as well. The city and the village had this gothic yet modern atmosphere that inspired some sort of weird fear - big places with no one around, you get the feeling who-knows-what's-coming-for-me - and the last stages in which, the closer we went to the underworld, the more corrupted/demonized they appeared, gave off an awesome feeling. Like your actions actually meant something. In DMC3 you just run and beat up monsters to get the key to open the next door. (With the exception of missions 18-19).

I simply loved the atmosphere in DMC2. It was dark, mysterious and had a demonic feel to it without it getting too obvious. The architecture of gothic Europe, yet as you say, with a modern touch with the empiric office buildings and the Uroboros towers... I can't wait to play it again in the HD collection! ^^

Also, I am glad DmC looks inspired by DMC2.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
It's only problem was the character development actually. It was based on some good ideas - humans obsessed with power, using the demonic lore and secrets to experiment and reach their goal, creating weird stuff like Neffasturis & Infested Choppers in the process. If it actually took more time to show how Arius came to be like that, what sort of demon Argosax/Despair was and what was Bolverk's goal in all this (revenge?), it could very well rival all DMCs equally, maybe even surpass them in some aspects.;)

Asmodaius

It's only problem was the character development actually. It was based on some good ideas - humans obsessed with power, using the demonic lore and secrets to experiment and reach their goal, creating weird stuff like Neffasturis & Infested Choppers in the process. If it actually took more time to show how Arius came to be like that, what sort of demon Argosax/Despair was and what was Bolverk's goal in all this (revenge?), it could very well rival all DMCs equally, maybe even surpass them in some aspects.;)

Indeed, the storyline aspect of DMC2 is the weakest link. Alot of things could be gone through to make the storyline more interesting and more explainable. Though, it's not as weak and confusing as DMC4.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
DMC4 story is as if a totally different person wrote the script for each of the missions. DMC2 kinda looked as a side story in Dante's usual Devil Hunter bussiness. He didn't have to fight Mundus or Vergil, so he was never really in a tight spot, but it was nice nevertheless. Not that DMC4 is bad of course!

Dante47

I liked Dante's demeanor in this game. I would have liked to see Devil May Cry 5 elaborate more on why Dante changed so radically, if the original series continues. Also, I really enjoyed the atmosphere this game displayed. And the boss battles were awesome.

Top Bottom