• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Legacy of Kain thread

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
i still think, if they were gonna do anything new with LoK, they would've done it by now.
i just don't think CD, Enix or Eidos give a damn about the fans of this series anymore (they're too busy with new tomb raider).

Plus, they were going to preview something at e3, didn't happen.
I'm no longer holding up any hope that a sequel, prequel or reboot will happen.

s8ntmark

Well there are a few things that make me think this rumor is true. it makes sense that nothing was mentioned at E3 last year...they probably just weren't ready to announce it (Perhaps the Main reason?). Plus last year was all about Tomb Raider anyway.

However, doesn't it seem weird that of every character they could have made Skins for in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Crystal Dynamics released the Legacy of Kain characters? That feels like they were testing the waters for a possible reboot. Also with the rumors last March from a "Trusted source" that CD was looking to reboot the series, i don't think the question is if, but WHEN.

When? Maybe next E3? Maybe? The reasons...Tomb Raider is done, the pressure is off they can start focusing on the next IP. Also, I'm sure you guys heard about this:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/domain_hints_at_new_legacy_of_kain.html

A new domain was registered for Legacy of Kain....and unless its a Troll attempt, that could mean CD is planning on putting something online at some point soon...maybe a countdown clock as E3 approaches?

I say we shouldn't give up hope just yet.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'd never want a Reboot for a game series that was done as well as Legacy of kain or Blood Omen.
Don't restart & take a chance on ruining the memory Legacy Of Kain.
Revamp & continue the storyline, move forward with if they want so badly to see the name again.
Continue what's already been started & don't muck up the past.

square-enix-logo.png
Just you wait.... Muhahahaha

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yea i know right.
I hope it doesn't end up like the TombRaider reboot & a mix of twilight.
I'm really hoping it's not like that too. If the reboot becomes like that, I'll stick to the original games, with the original voice actors.

On the other hand, I really want some kind of closure to Kain's story in Defiance. They can't leave Kain like that. He was ready to save Nosgoth and be the scion of balance.

s8ntmark

The problem with doing chapter 6 instead of just a reboot, though, is there is so much story so far, and the series has been dormant for so long that they run the risk of alienating new players who aren't interested in slogging through 5 games full of story. Also, what if players want to PLAY those games, there's no way too unless you own a PS, PS2 or original Xbox.

Hopefully an HD release of all 5 games is in the works ::fingers crossed::

A retelling, that remains respectful to the original series could be really exciting, and bring in new fans.

TheJoy

Smile with me.
I'd never want a Reboot for a game series that was done as well as Legacy of kain or Blood Omen.
Don't restart & take a chance on ruining the memory Legacy Of Kain.
Revamp & continue the storyline, move forward with if they want so badly to see the name again.
Continue what's already been started & don't muck up the past.
First off, that is an awesome pic.

I agree that they should never reboot the series, at least not the soul reaver games. The possibility of is being ruined is far too great for me. A faithful remake of Blood Omen 1 i wouldn't mind tho, since the loading time were so excruciatingly long that i just couldn't play it. (I have it for the PS1)

A prequel to soul reaver 1 would be interesting if the story was about how Kain resurrected Raziel and made them vampires then finding out about Raziel's destiny and stuff. Or Raziel learning to be a vampire as we never get to see him as a vampire. It's only in a cut scene.

Lame ideas i know, but i hope you can see what i mean.

The problem with doing chapter 6 instead of just a reboot, though, is there is so much story so far, and the series has been dormant for so long that they run the risk of alienating new players who aren't interested in slogging through 5 games full of story. Also, what if players want to PLAY those games, there's no way too unless you own a PS, PS2 or original Xbox.

Hopefully an HD release of all 5 games is in the works ::fingers crossed::

A retelling, that remains respectful to the original series could be really exciting, and bring in new fans.
Actually, you can get Soul Reaver 1 in the Playstation store, but you're right you can't play the ps2 games on the ps3.

If they do release a HD collection, i doubt that Soul Reaver 1 will be in it, just like Metal Gear Solid 1 isn't in the Metal Gear Solid HD collection. Which is a shame. I still think they should of included it, like they included Metal Gear 1 and 2 for the NES in the MGS3 Subsistence release.

s8ntmark

If they do release a HD collection, i doubt that Soul Reaver 1 will be in it, just like Metal Gear Solid 1 isn't in the Metal Gear Solid HD collection. Which is a shame. I still think they should of included it, like they included Metal Gear 1 and 2 for the NES in the MGS3 Subsistence release.

i was wondering why they didn't, do you know the reason? Was it a copyright issue?

TheJoy

Smile with me.
That would be really cool, but what if Raizel was resurrected with only his memories of being human, continued as he was when he was alive. As a lieutenant part of the vampire-hunting Sarafan brotherhood.

I don't know. There would have to be a reason for those memories to be erased quite early in the story. Other wise it would brake continuity with the Soul reaver cannon. But that would be good for some conflict in the story if that was the case.

Top Bottom