• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Chance Leaving...

IncarnatedDemon

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Label me absentminded, but I had no earthly clue that Bioshock 2 was on PSN. I remember running around every store looking for a copy, that for some reason didn't have one. I did eventually find one but this certainly could have saved me the trouble lol.

berto

I Saw the Devil

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They paid for the games (1-4), they pushed it forward, and with reboot not only paid NT developers + superviced the project...they even helped out with the gameplay as well.
So just wanted to correct you on that.

So Capcom just paid Ninja Theory to stand around and try to look pretty? I don't think you understood how this worked. Sure some people at Capcom came in to consult on the project (for your benefit by the way) but, Ninja Theory developed this game themselves. That's why they are the duh developers.

IncarnatedDemon

So Capcom just paid Ninja Theory to stand around and try to look pretty? I don't think you understood how this worked. Sure some people at Capcom came in to consult on the project (for your benefit by the way) but, Ninja Theory developed this game themselves. That's why they are the duh developers.
That bolded part is your words not mine. Let me take you through reality ok?

You can say "Ninja theory developed reboot", but that doesn't mean they invented it. Because some people take word "developed" as "invented".
So did NT invent devil may cry? No.
All NT did was do a job, create art, make audio, program and do other tasks such as story and cinematics. And yes they did alot, i am not saying they didn't. But you will be mistaken if you think that they did as much work as a new ip asks of developers.

They didn't have to come up with majority of reboot's gameplay or i.e shape up the gameplay from a creative point of view. It was all there from the beginning for them to reproduce.
Produce a fitting word. That is what NT did. Produce the gameplay, not develop it.

So please calm the f down. Reboot IS capcom's DmC.
1. They paid for the projects that shaped the gameplay (dmc1-4)
2. They paid for reboot project i.e NT's employees
2. They taught NT on how to produce dmc gameplay
3. They assisted NT when they needed help
So again...Capcom's DmC. Had DmC been a new ip and not a reproduction of original games gameplay, then yes it would be appropriate to call it NT's DmC, but it's not...so how about you come to terms with that fact please.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That bolded part is your words not mine. Let me take you through reality ok?

You can say "Ninja theory developed reboot", but that doesn't mean they invented it. Because some people take word "developed" as "invented".
So did NT invent devil may cry? No.
All NT did was do a job, create art, make audio, program and do other tasks such as story and cinematics. And yes they did alot, i am not saying they didn't. But you will be mistaken if you think that they did as much work as a new ip asks of developers.

They didn't have to come up with majority of reboot's gameplay or i.e shape up the gameplay from a creative point of view. It was all there from the beginning for them to reproduce.
Produce a fitting word. That is what NT did. Produce the gameplay, not develop it.

So please calm the f down. Reboot IS capcom's DmC.
1. They paid for the projects that shaped the gameplay (dmc1-4)
2. They paid for reboot project i.e NT's employees
2. They taught NT on how to produce dmc gameplay
3. They assisted NT when they needed help
So again...Capcom's DmC. Had DmC been a new ip and not a reproduction of original games gameplay, then yes it would be appropriate to call it NT's DmC, but it's not...so how about you come to terms with that fact please.

What part of "reboot of Devil May Cry" do you not understand?

Rebooting is not scrapping the entire thing. It might as well not be called DmC:Devil May Cry if it wasn't I don't know, going to be a Devil May Cry game.

Did you see Batman Begins creating a completely new character and slapping on the Batman name for sh!ts and giggles or you think maybe incorporating Batman elements in a Batman movie kinda has a point?

According to your logic people who have created different interpretations of characters/stories/franchises don't deserve the credit because it had something that came before.

Let's make an example according to your logic. So when Alan Moore penned The Killing Joke he doesn't deserve the credit for writing that awesome Batman story because he's not the original creator? Well, I don't think Batman's fathers are doing much story telling nowadays anyway because they're dead. And while they will always be acknowledged in Batman stuff you will never say it's Bob Kane's The Killing Joke. Because IT'S NOT.

You're talking to me about reality yet you are caught up in your own fantasy world. You can stay in your shallow hate filled pit of DmC forever for all I care but, if you're gonnna contribute something to a discussion at least make sense because this doesn't at all.

IncarnatedDemon

Man what a NT fanboy you are. I tell you what since you love to kiss them where the sun don't shine because they give you a character to fantasize about that may be part of a coping mechanism of yours, just watch this sh1t and stop annoying me with your bs:
Yes, the gameplay was rebooted. You know...gameplay...the thing that videogames are about...
Oh that's right! I forgot...games are about story. Man do i feel dumb for forgetting that.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Chill down, man! "NT's DmC" can also mean "NT's take on DMC". Devil May Cry will always be Capcom's property, well, atleast until they go bankrupt and have to sell their IPs. So yeah, NT's DmC = NT's take on DMC, is what I think it means. :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
ryan-gosling-gifable.gif

tumblr_mt7zyoarOO1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Man what a NT fanboy you are. I tell you what since you love to kiss them where the sun don't shine because they give you a character to fantasize about that may be part of a coping mechanism of yours, just watch this sh1t and stop annoying me with your bs:
Yes, the gameplay was rebooted. You know...gameplay...the thing that videogames are about...
Oh that's right! I forgot...games are about story. Man do i feel dumb for forgetting that.

Both of you, calm down, please. DmC isn't much like DMC, so it's not exactly Capcom's game, but it's also not a new IP. The Wikipedia page says NT is the developer, but didn't Capcom do the gameplay/help with it and NT do the plot? So... you know what, it's Ninja Theory's AND Capcom's game. And now we all feel better (I hope).

IncarnatedDemon

The gameplay wasn't invented by NT. They merely produced a inferior version with help from capcom. And just because i am pointing this out, mr-NT-invented-dmcgameplay is being all buthurt over it.
Even if NT had somehow by a miracle managed to make a decent reproduction of dmc gameplay, it is and will always be capcom's DmC.
Because they not only have paid for the project but also paved the way for what NT is meant to produce - the dmc gameplay. Not to forget that capcom taught NT and assisted them with the gameplay.

Let this video serve as a illustration of what kind of sh1t can happen if your making a gameplay for a new game:

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
The gameplay wasn't invented by NT. They merely produced a inferior version with help from capcom. And just because i am pointing this out, mr-NT-invented-dmcgameplay is being all buthurt over it.
Even if NT had somehow by a miracle managed to make a decent reproduction of dmc gameplay, it is and will always be capcom's DmC.
Because they not only have paid for the project but also paved the way for what NT is meant to produce - the dmc gameplay. Not to forget that capcom taught NT and assisted them with the gameplay.

Let this video serve as a illustration of what kind of sh1t can happen if your making a gameplay for a new game:

Yeah, but I think you argued that DmC is Capcom's game simply because they helped out a lot with the gameplay. Fact is, gameplay, plot, characters, all of it is important. Well, I do agree that without gameplay you have no game, but that doesn't make Capcom the sole developer. NT and Capcom both worked on this and both financed this, so isn't it like a school project? You don't write the main part of an essay and let the other group members do everything else, then go ''hey, this is my project and mine alone!''
If you meant something else, I apologize.

IncarnatedDemon

Yeah, but I think you argued that DmC is Capcom's game simply because they helped out a lot with the gameplay. Fact is, gameplay, plot, characters, all of it is important. Well, I do agree that without gameplay you have no game, but that doesn't make Capcom the sole developer. NT and Capcom both worked on this and both financed this, so isn't it like a school project? You don't write the main part of an essay and let the other group members do everything else, then go ''hey, this is my project and mine alone!''
If you meant something else, I apologize.
I meant that the dmc gameplay had been invented by capcom. And since gameplay is what games is about and it was capcom who invented it not NT, then it's not NT's DmC, especially when you take into account capcom paid for the project, and taught and assisted NT with the game.
And no NT did not pay for the project, it was all capcom.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
And nothing of Great Value was Lost. :p
*raises up cream pie* I'm sorry sir, did you say something? >.> <.<

I just went through the list. DmC isn't going off the PSN, the price is. It just means that the game's will go back up to what ever the price was before the sale. It's on the 'last chance for discounts' list, not the gone forever one.
o_o oh, okay...erm...j-just a minute...*dashes off*

*wipes cream from Outcast's face with towel* Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry! >_<

Both of you, calm down, please. DmC isn't much like DMC, so it's not exactly Capcom's game, but it's also not a new IP. The Wikipedia page says NT is the developer, but didn't Capcom do the gameplay/help with it and NT do the plot? So... you know what, it's Ninja Theory's AND Capcom's game. And now we all feel better (I hope).
What he said.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I meant that the dmc gameplay had been invented by capcom. And since gameplay is what games is about and it was capcom who invented it not NT, then it's not NT's DmC, especially when you take into account capcom paid for the project, and taught and assisted NT with the game.
And no NT did not pay for the project, it was all capcom.

''since gameplay is what games is about and it was capcom who invented it not NT, then it's not NT's DmC''. Yes, but like I said, gameplay is not what defines games. It may be the most important part, but the other parts are important too. What if I thought the plot were the most important, and said: ''Ninja Theory invented the plot, therefore it's not Capcom's DmC''. This seems to be the same thing as what you said, only I took the plot as an example instead of the gameplay (and I inverted the ownership). If Ninja Theory made the characters, the plot, the soundtrack, and most other things, then how can it only be Capcom's DmC?

So I'll have to disagree. Although the gameplay has indeed been invented by Capcom, that does not make it impossible for DmC to be NT's game. In fact, I'd say it's both Capcom and Ninja Theory's game. You say Capcom paid for the project, but I doubt it didn't cost NT anything. After all, NT are the ones who put in so many man-hours and used their resources. That costs money, so both Capcom and NT financed DmC.

Anyway, this thread is not about whose game it is.

IncarnatedDemon

its more capcoms than NTs. Also nt working and using stuff is what they are paid for. If it really cost NT money Tameem wudnt be so bold and blabber about how he doesnt care if game sells 1k or 1m. That do not sound like a guy who has anything to lose or win on reboot sales. And if he dont earn anything substantial on reboot's sales, then how has his company paid for development of the reboot?

Man power and resources...that's what capcom is paying NT for. That's how Publisher-Developer is like.

Sunaka Marién

its more capcoms than NTs. Also nt working and using stuff is what they are paid for. If it really cost NT money Tameem wudnt be so bold and blabber about how he doesnt care if game sells 1k or 1m. That do not sound like a guy who has anything to lose or win on reboot sales. And if he dont earn anything substantial on reboot's sales, then how has his company paid for development of the reboot?

Man power and resources...that's what capcom is paying NT for. That's how Publisher-Developer is like.
I'm pretty sure it cost them a lot of nerves and mental strenght to put up with everything the 'fans' had been throwing at them :/ Never underestimate psychological pressure. That's nothing money can make up for.

About Tameem not caring how much it sells I'd say that's just his general attitude towards the games he and his team make, because he cares more for making a game he himself would enjoy playing, rather than constructing a game that tries to appeal to as many people as possible just to bring in big sales. But this just as a side note.

I really think you could say Capcom's DmC just as much as you could say NT's DmC - or better yet, Capcom's AND NT's DmC-, I mean, just as Chancey already pointed out, you'd also talk about Nolan's Batman in regard to the The Dark Knight triology, even though Nolan didn't invent Batman.

Top Bottom