• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kyrie

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Kyrie, in the beginning is the damsel in distress... but!

Since Credo died, she should take his place as the new leader of the army and starts wielding some weapons even her brother's sword.

I can see in Dante's bonus ending, Nero comes in for a visit and Kyrie shows up with a new brave and hot her.

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
Kyrie, in the beginning is the damsel in distress... but!

Since Credo died, she should take his place as the new leader of the army and starts wielding some weapons even her brother's sword.

I can see in Dante's bonus ending, Nero comes in for a visit and Kyrie shows up with a new brave and hot her.

Kyrie's actions (if any) never really influenced the plot in a positive way: she wants to deter Nero from fighting because she is afraid of him being hurt and then prevents him from doing anything because he won't make any plan until he knows that she is safe and sound.
She is the only non fighting girl in the series because violence doesn't match her personality.
So I guess that if she decides to wield weapons there will also be a major shift in her personality which will make her become more interesting and actively present, apart from just making her fight.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont think she has the leadership skills or the prowess to take cover the army.

but her learning how to fight would be good source of character development. I rather she learn magic because we need a magic fighter on the team. We got enough bruisers.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well how will you make Kyrie a better character after being a damsel in distress?

Railazel

Well how will you make Kyrie a better character after being a damsel in distress?

First of all, she would have to try not to be (even though that's easier said than done).

Second, she would need a means of improving herself mentally and physically (generally, she would learn some type of skill or art that would help her in combat).

Lastly, she would need a consistent source of inspiration (this would include Nero or someone who she looks up to, like her brother for example).

A good example of this is when Sakura studied under Tsunade to become stronger to help Naruto or how Hinata constantly looks up to Naruto.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Depends on how much time i have to develop the character.

First step would be to establish that she can be resourceful when left to her own devices so ultimately the training would stick.

Second step would be to bring in Lady to be the teach her as she is the most likely candidate. She actually had to learn how to defend herself on her own and isnt super-powered so knows the dangers better than Dante or Trish.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Or maybe Lady and Trish, that is if they don't blow eachother's heads off first...
they might give her a different fashion sense.

The support network is key because you want to give her people who enable her rather than be like Orihime who have people that coddle her.

I'd bring in a older version of Patty as a friend/rival. For my DMC4 anime pitch, it takes place 5 or 6 years after the anime so Patty is about the same as Nero give or take a year.

I'd make them both magic users to give them something to play with.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In Clash of the Titans, she was the chained maiden. But in Wrath of the Titans she led her father's army to help Perseus defeat Cronus.
Well your character had twelve years to train and better herself between the two, we might not have that option.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't see the problem with Kyrie not being a combat type of character.......I MEAN LOOK AT HER!!!
dmc4kyrie.jpg

That's the type of face that doesn't look like she will fight. Plus at the end of DMC4 novel she opens up some kind of orphanage or something to help & tend to the kids who lost parents to the whole "Hell Gate" fiasco.

Plus whats the big deal if she isn't an action girl like Lady, Lucia, & Trish.....aren't those 3 enough...for a series with very little characters to begin with.
Whats wrong with normal civilian type characters it adds more diversity to the very small cast it already has?

Plus unlike Orihime, Kyrie CAN'T FIGHT or have any magical powers while Orihime does(in fact the ability to reject fate & yet still gets captured makes you wanna facepalm). Can't blame Kyrie for being captured even when it happened to Lucia & Trish.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Have her hang out with Lucia.
I'd say Lucia and beryl might be better role models than trish or lady.

I don't see the problem with Kyrie not being a combat type of character.......I MEAN LOOK AT HER!!!
dmc4kyrie.jpg

That's the type of face that doesn't look like she will fight. Plus at the end of DMC4 novel she opens up some kind of orphanage or something to help & tend to the kids who lost parents to the whole "Hell Gate" fiasco.

Plus whats the big deal if she isn't an action girl like Lady, Lucia, & Trish.....aren't those 3 enough...for a series with very little characters to begin with.
Whats wrong with normal civilian type characters it adds more diversity to the very small cast it already has?

Plus unlike Orihime, Kyrie CAN'T FIGHT or have any magical powers while Orihime does(in fact the ability to reject fate & yet still gets captured makes you wanna facepalm). Can't blame Kyrie for being captured even when it happened to Lucia & Trish.

I guess people found her to be boring and dull so they get why they were so suppose to care.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, you know the discution is loosing it's serious streak when people stop responding with letters and beggin doing it with nothing more than pics.

Top Bottom