• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Konami asking fans if they want Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance sequel

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Um, how about no. You guys aren't even Metal Gear Solid fans and there's no way Solid would just end in favor of a short lived middle of the road hack n slash.

Actually yes, I'd rather Metal Gear Solid's story just end and maybe go back and tell a Big Boss story or something, I'm not talking about ending MGS just so Rising can continue, Rising can continue being a spin off with Raiden and Grey Fox and I'll still buy them, I'd prefer Raiden though, Grey Fox's armor looks like s**t IMO, but I'm not saying Rising should become the new Metal Gear Solid, it should remain as a spin off series.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Raiden looks like a Final Fantasy reject with spunk blood. There are hotter chicks in Metal Gear.
I honestly like his MGS4 look FAR better than the Rising look. I don't know...it just sort of looks...like they handed a sketchpad to a bunch of people who really dig cyborg 80's movies and let them go to town.

Raiden looks like a Final Fantasy reject with spunk blood. There are hotter chicks in Metal Gear.
Why is that everytime someone sees a different looking character that might not look like everyday human being,is cataloged as bad?
I'm always happy to see different looking characters with creative designs because I get bored to see the same faces over and over again. So yes,a different looking character is a plus.
But I like to stick to his MGS4 look if you ask me.
His MGR design is also pretty cool.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Why is that everytime someone sees a different looking character that might not look like everyday human being,is cataloged as bad?
It's not just his look. I have my reasons for why I'm not a big Raiden fan but, no one is really supposed to be a Raiden fan either. That was the intention. I realized something replaying MGS 2. One day I may elaborate on it because it's too much to get in to here and I have to go see the doctor that tells me I'm f#cked up in a little bit :p

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked Revengeance and wouldn't mind seeing another one.

I am torn on doing it on either Raiden's 5 year walkabout between 2 and 4 or a sequel to revengeance because both have merit. It would be interesting to have them attempt both by having this game have flashbacks to the 5 year walkaout or having raiden interact with people he met during that period just after revengeance.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I signed it and i said i'd like to see Raiden in it again, i don't really care what other people have to say regarding Raiden as a character and all that but i don't personally want Gray Fox to be the star if 2 happens.

Would i like him to have a impact in the story? Sure, that'd be cool as hell, maybe play as him in a flashback or something that eventually has some sort of consequence in the future but i don't think Kojima could tell a story about him that would work.

KRSkull

Instead of making a game that has one character and one story why not make one game that has two characters and two stories.

you could choose either Grey fox or Raiden. If you choose Gray Fox you play as him and the story ends when he dies in MGS1. If you choose Raiden his story could be a sequel or a prequel to Rising.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I signed it and i said i'd like to see Raiden in it again, i don't really care what other people have to say regarding Raiden as a character and all that but i don't personally want Gray Fox to be the star if 2 happens.

Would i like him to have a impact in the story? Sure, that'd be cool as hell, maybe play as him in a flashback or something that eventually has some sort of consequence in the future but i don't think Kojima could tell a story about him that would work.

You do realize that Kojima has been pushing for a Grey Fox game for like, years right? Raiden wasn't even going to be the start of Metal Gear Rising...

And this is Kojima, I believe we should have faith in the man who created Metal Gear.

Rayl

You do realize that Kojima has been pushing for a Grey Fox game for like, years right? Raiden wasn't even going to be the start of Metal Gear Rising...

And this is Kojima, I believe we should have faith in the man who created Metal Gear.

Of course i know that, i stand by my assertion all the same.

Rayl

It's less about that and more that i don't want Grey Fox to be used in a way that will sour his presence in MGS1, i'm all for a prologue with Grey Fox prior to MGS1 where he does something that will have an impact on the story in Rising 2 but other then that i don't like the idea of Grey Fox suddenly being portrayed as over the top as stuff in Rising tends to go.

Rising needs to be it's own thing, if events from the Solid series come back to affect things in Rising then that's fair game but Grey Fox couldn't even stop Rex from squashing him, let alone throw a Ray clean into the air. If he's going to be in it then let him strictly serve as a prologue character.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
"The survey you are responding to is now closed. Thank you for your interest."

tumblr_m3ij4fEq431rtv7tno1_400.gif

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The supporting characters in Rising and the stuff it tried to bring in weren't interesting. Raiden's got a shallow and uninteresting scooby doo gang to back him up. Raiden should be totally done anyway. HE WAS F#CKING DONE IN MGS 4!

If I'm looking at this correctly then they can do a Gray Fox game that could also be a parallel to MGS V. Gray Fox during the events of MGSV would probably be in the Rhodesian Civil War where he would have also killed Naomi's parents and find her. He would also still be a super soldier because Null.

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
if its a sequel, then i want otacon. i mean, he's now Sunny's father right? i want him to explain snake's last moments and stuffs.
or if its a prequel, i want it like MGS Rising. you know, saving sunny from the patriots and stuffs. also the transition of his MGS2 self to his MGS4 self.

oh yeah, i want it to be a little less over the top and a more dark and compelling storylines. also some hillarious optional codecs (like paramedic in MGS3).

Rayl

if its a sequel, then i want otacon. i mean, he's now Sunny's father right? i want him to explain snake's last moments and stuffs.
or if its a prequel, i want it like MGS Rising. you know, saving sunny from the patriots and stuffs. also the transition of his MGS2 self to his MGS4 self.

oh yeah, i want it to be a little less over the top and a more dark and compelling storylines. also some hillarious optional codecs (like paramedic in MGS3).

I started reading this, misread and thought you wanted Otacon as the player character in Rising 2 and the mental image just won't go away.

"It's just like in my animays!"

CkIF7Aq.jpg

Top Bottom