• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Konami asking fans if they want Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance sequel

IncarnatedDemon

Publisher polling gamers about new entry in sequel and what they would like to see in it.

Konami has launched a new survey (via Eurogamer) gauging fan interest in a potential sequel to this year's multiplatform action game Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

The survey polls gamers about the title, how it was marketed, and why they did or did not buy it. At the end, the survey asks not only if players would buy a Revengeance sequel, but what features they would like to see in the game.

Some options include more stealth elements, longer game length, online multiplayer, elements of humor, and mechanics other than fighting, among other things. Check out the full online survey for more.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yea, on second thought, no. Give me a Cobra Unit game or one just based on The Boss Konami. F#ck Raiden and his spunk blood.

IncarnatedDemon

News about the PC edition of MGR has been extremely little.
It's been 3 months since it was announced.

Is it me or is the port taking awfully long time? What you think Vampire?

I hope if i am correct that its taking alot of time, that maybe PC edition will have fixed some of the issues on the console editions.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Yes-Yes-Yes-WWE-Gif.gif

F**k yes! Did the survey!

Kojima can finish MGS5, release it, retire, end the Solid series and let P* continue the Rising series, it's the 1 HnS today that tries to focus on gameplay, entertainment and innovation rather than dumbing everything down for a f**king boring story.

I'll buy it day one. Gonna be buying the PC version of MGR as well.

IncarnatedDemon

Yes-Yes-Yes-WWE-Gif.gif

F**k yes! Did the survey!

Kojima can finish MGS5, release it, retire, end the Solid series and let P* continue the Rising series, it's the 1 HnS today that tries to focus on gameplay, entertainment and innovation rather than dumbing everything down for a f**king boring story.

I'll buy it day one. Gonna be buying the PC version of MGR as well.
I did it too! Though the questions were dull :( Was more of "U know MGS?", "Whats name ofX", "What is about ...", dont think i got any "What shud be in a MGR sequel" question.

And yeah ill definetly be getting PC version :D

Well they're going from console to PC so wouldn't it be a little harder doing that?
I mean configuring console features to PC & action hack/slash no less, gotta be tough.
And what issues did the console version have ?
I suppose them going from console to PC may be why its taking so long time. But i hope that its PG doing the PC port, and that its delayed not beause they are not used to PC.

It had quite a few issues actually. To a certain degree (not major), MGR was a failure. But in a general sense, it was a success (2 years of development and fun game).

This excellent review should cover the issues. Fast forward to 3:47 for gameplay talk.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Um, how about no. You guys aren't even Metal Gear Solid fans and there's no way Solid would just end in favor of a short lived middle of the road hack n slash.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
If they
1. Add more weapons with moves that are actually useful
2. Fix the camera
3. Make jumps suck less
4. Remove QTEs
5. Make the game longer
6. Have a unified ranking system
7. Have no crappy bosses like Armstrong
8. Improve aerial combat.

,then sure. MGR was a pretty average game to me.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Um...yeah.
I am a die-hard MGS fan and I've loved every entry out of the series so far. I also plan on getting that glorious Legacy Collection whenever I get the chance. But back to the topic at hand.

Kojima had originally wanted the game to about Frank Jaeger, AKA the one and only "GREY FOX". But then Konami for some reason urged him out of it, they wanted the spotlight to be around Raiden.

I so Just hope that this next one can be actually written by Kojima, and be about Grey Fox. He is a wonderful character with a tragic past and it's about damn time he gets his own game. I'm already Raidened out.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Kojima had originally wanted the game to about Frank Jaeger, AKA the one and only "GREY FOX". But then Konami for some reason urged him out of it, they wanted the spotlight to be around Raiden.
From what i know it was more because team which got to make next MGS thought its too much for them so Kojima decide to do that himself and give them rising to work.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Um...yeah.
I am a die-hard MGS fan and I've loved every entry out of the series so far. I also plan on getting that glorious Legacy Collection whenever I get the chance. But back to the topic at hand.

I so Just hope that this next one can be actually written by Kojima, and be about Grey Fox. He is a wonderful character with a tragic past and it's about damn time he gets his own game. I'm already Raidened out.
Kojima has been pushing for Gray Fox game for a long time and I think he would personally be very enthusiastic to work on one personally. Gray Fox is a great character and there is so much you can do with him. Not even just his Cyborg Ninja days.

Kojima also has a thing that he doesn't like working on games with protagonist younger than him. He doesn't relate to them. Plus just continuing Raiden's story was BS. He had his resolution in MGS 4 and had no need to suit up again. Just look at all the sh!t Raiden went through. Just let him rest man. He's done. I may not care for the character all that much but after replaying the games again I noticed things I didn't before. MGS 2 is Kojima's allegory for society and a message of post modernism. Raiden was a part of that message.

Rising f#cks this up. You're actually a Metal Gear fan so you see I trust you see the significance in this stuff. Still just because I'm not a big Raiden fan it's why it doesn't bother me as much.

If we do get some kind of follow up it should star Gray Fox and also it should be a Metal Gear experience. Not some popcorn Ninja Gaiden knock off with Metal Gear wallpaper.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
By the way, sweet sig. Attack on Titan is fantastic.
Thanks! But yes, I somewhat enjoyed Rising. I mainly enjoyed it for the pretty rad music and combat, but that was it. While it was a fun game, it was a seriously lacking game in everything else, especially story.I personally believe that they should have just let Raiden rest. And like you, I didn't exactly like Raiden on my first play through with him in MG2. But then when I went back and played through him again, I could understand why Kojima even had him in the game. I personally thought that it made no sense to just suddenly plunge him back into some stupid ass fanservice game, especial with what had went down in MGS4. Raiden was tired and just done with fighting, and then they put him back in there? And what in the ever living hell was the 'Jack the Ripper' **** about? That instantly reminded my of Hollow Ichigo, but whatever.

I just want Kojima to actually make a Frank Jaeger game, with a story that was mainly written by HIM. It would be cool if it could basically cover his entire life. From his childhood as a solider, to the point where Rex crushed him to death. I see so much potential for this game. I mean come on! Grey Fox is one of the most beloved MGS characters ever, just think of the sales that they would bring in!

And yes, Attack on titan is amazing!

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I would surely love a remake about the Zanzibar incident though. But having grey fox for the next game is a god send although i'm sure it's gonna be Raiden again. I guess Rose is perfectly fine for Raiden to keep fighting huh...

Top Bottom