• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kojima Productions new game (I think I know what it's going to be)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
First and foremost this is just for personal reference and to just basicly call it now. From the videos and interviews I have seen with Kojima and his team recently I think he has dropped some telling hints about what his next game is going to be.

MGS: Outer Heaven

Admittedly being totally obsessed with the idea of the of this game I really think some hints point quite strongly towards it.

Firstly the biggest hint
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-kojima-productions/714589
In this interview where Kojima is talking about his new secret game he turns your attention to the the sample engine shown on the screen behind him. And if you look at it you will see a dog and a horse standing next to eachother...a white horse. I can't clearly make out the breed of the dog but it seems to be a hound of some kind, a fox hound perhaps?
Foxhound = Solid Snake (he was a member of Foxhound at the time)
White Horse = Big Boss (the white horse basicly representing what it did in MGS3 when a similar confrontation happened between the Boss and her young Snake apprentice, also Big Boss rode the same white horse in Peace Walker. Also they are in a Jungle which could easily be a design for the African Jungle surrounding the fortress.

Second clue
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-kojima-productions/714590
In this video Kojima plays on the secretive nature of KP using security measures and at whatnot and at 2:45 he mentions that the research floor is located 100 floors below ground. Metal Gear was located 100 floors underground in Metal gear 1.

There are a couple of other small mentions of the MSX game and members of his team working on his new secret project but I won't bother going over those.

Personally I don't think that Kojima assumes that the MGS fanbase are familiar enough with the intricate details of the originals as much as they are with the more recent titles and thinks he is being sneaky and clever by hiding clues in plain sight. Maybe it's nothing but im calling him on it now.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Darth Angelo...don't toy with my emotions man...I don't want to get hyped man....

You got me hyped....dammit. :(

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Clear shot of the dog.
Foxengine01.jpg

Hmm if im brutal with myself I don't think that's a foxhound or a hound of any kind tbh. The colour of it's coat is all wrong and it has what you could call "normal dog ears" they don't seem long enough for a hound. It looks more like a Great Dane than anything but again the chops don't look quite right.

Typical foxhound.
american_foxhound-12646.jpg

It may not be a hound (or hopefully Kojima doesn't know a lot about dogs) but it was sniffing the floor a lot and the whole picture seemed to be trying a bit too hard to be totally inconspicuous complete and with it's inconspicuous protagonist wearing Africanesqe hat and olive drab trousers. Being totally sketchy about what genre of game it was actually going to be.

I know it's kind of silly but making crazy assumptions and over reading into things is what being on a forum is all about. I am going to enjoy the small flicker of hope while I can.

Top Bottom