• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kinect and RROD

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Today could've been the day that I actually ordered the Kinect. UNTIL I read a few articles that some people have used their old 360 systems with the Kinect and they've got the RROD.

Anybody using an old 360 system with a Kinect? Have you had any problems?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
This article might help you. Look at the comments below of the post to have a look at various Xbox 360 users' on this matter.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/who-here-has-had-their-xbox-360-rrod-after-using-a-kinect/10845 .

So it's either a huuuuuuge coincedence OR the older systems really cannot handle the new hardware.
If i ever get enough money, I'll buy a Kinect bundle with a new 360. It's not worth spending all of that money just to lose a console which i can't repair or replace.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I still use one of the very first consoles with Kinect and have done since Kinect launched and had no issues. Just have to download the software to run it when you plug it in as only the new slim-line comes with the software already installed on it (which I also own).

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I still use one of the very first consoles with Kinect and have done since Kinect launched and had no issues. Just have to download the software to run it when you plug it in as only the new slim-line comes with the software already installed on it (which I also own).

Has the software been included in past updates of do you have to download it when you first connect the Kinect?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Has the software been included in past updates of do you have to download it when you first connect the Kinect?

I think its downloaded when you first connect the Kinect unit, id always kept up to date with dashboard updates and I had to do another update when I connected it.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I think its downloaded when you first connect the Kinect unit, id always kept up to date with dashboard updates and I had to do another update when I connected it.

I've kept the dashboard up to date, but through a USB because I've had to download the updates from a computer (360 not linked to internet). Do you think the kinect can be played without this update?

Dark Drakan

Admin
I've kept the dashboard up to date, but through a USB because I've had to download the updates from a computer (360 not linked to internet). Do you think the kinect can be played without this update?

Not 100% sure but I dont think so, I think it will prompt an update when you plug it in.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Then I better not get the Kinect... There'd be no point if can't get the update for it.

Thanks for your help Dark Drakan ^^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Then I better not get the Kinect... There'd be no point if can't get the update for it.

Thanks for your help Dark Drakan ^^

Did some research for you last night and apparently the update is on the Kinect device itself according to some sources. It does do an update if you are connected to the Internet but apparently that update isnt required to actually use the Kinect out of the box. All the drivers etc are included on the actual device if you have kept dashboard up to date it should be fine.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Did some research for you last night and apparently the update is on the Kinect device itself according to some sources. It does do an update if you are connected to the Internet but apparently that update isnt required to actually use the Kinect out of the box. All the drivers etc are included on the actual device if you have kept dashboard up to date it should be fine.

I suppose that is a relief (with not being online n' all). Just not sure if i should risk it. It's the cost of replacing the whole console if anything does happen (plus, it'd be just my luck :lol:). For some unknown reason the local cash generator has about six of them... so either people have become bored of it... or they've had the RROD...OR people need money :S
Thanks for your help again.

Top Bottom