• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kinda confused

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Which part, Itsuno being DMC3's director, Kobayashi being DMC4's, or the veriable fact that DmC did reach number 1 in both UK and Japan? Or NVD deciding he spoke for everyone and claimed half teh world hates DmC?

Or perhaps you just default to saying "you're wrong" because that's what you do almost everytime you comment on one of my posts even when I'm very much NOT wrong, thank you much.

Valcorn

Then why does Capcom and NT staff credit Itsuno as the director of DMC2,3,4 and even en.wikipedia/dmc4 says so?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It's an error then, because Kobayashi was the director, DMC4's own in game credits say so. Itsuno was still heavyily involved, but Kobayashi was the director.

NeroDMC4

guys take it easy whoever was a producer or a director the game was a SUCCESS end of story!
this new dmc,a gave it a try and i cant say its bad,it has many stylish combos and stuff but i cant feel like im playing DMC and thats a fact...

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Studio_Liverpool

Really reminds me of this dilemma. Before Psygnosis it was very original. Then Psygnosis made Wipeout 2097 for PS1.
Now some part of Studio Liverpool are former Psygnosis employes. Still this Wipeout HD does not meet nto even close as good as Wipeout 2097. I don't say thar Wipeout HD or Fury isn't good. by judging by its graphics it is simple but good. Controlls are much more responsive. Still teh original affection of Wipeout is kinda dead. Feisar does not look like it did anymore. This is a sign of limited ideas or and ressources? When companies switches and gives right to other for productions. I really do not know what is happening behind the game producers wall but liek movies. The first movie usually are the great hit. With a good ending and conclusion it gets high ratings. So then when they make a sequel that is suppose to base on a finished story or a further explanations it kinda ruins teh first impresssion. Final Fantasy and James Bond are a exception. Skyfall or Dr. No? Both are original. Skyfall does have the modern style. Final Fantasy 1 or 13? Both original but fans should really not criticize new ways of modern game developments. Producers themselves are getting tired of raging fans. I give Capcom faith and Ninja Theory respect. I don't like NT version of DmC but I am not judging them. Instead I see those new ideas they came up with. A bit more western but mixing ideas and making variations. Now that's creativity from the beginning. I hope Capcom can look at DmC if they are going to make a japanese style of Capcom in its original concept state. Focusing on the balance between new ideas and old ideas. Courage to the producers and thanks for making great games we can play and have fun with!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well apparently DMC4 was suppose to be Dante traveling to hell with Trish and Lady present and Nelo Angelo returning along with Nero also making his appearance. Here's concept art.
452640.jpg
516268.jpg
516263.jpg
516259.jpg

devil-may-cry-4-concept-art-02.jpg

You may now, get p*ssed.
tell me more.

I can post whatever I want about a company whether you acknowledge or not. Either way you shold just ignore this "issue" and move along. I'm stating that Itsuno, since being the director after Kamiya left, sucks and can't do anything interesting anymore. Sure he might have made DMC 3 and DMC 4 and yea they were great games but still he sucks because he didn't want to finish a product but rather reboot it and beat around the bush. If a DMC 4 special edition was to be produced and with all the things left out added, then I am sure it would be way better than what we have now.

devil-may-cry-4-concept-art-02.jpg

This showed alot that could have REVITALIZED the series rather than going the other route and reboot the series that half the world hates.

Granted whining might have been too harsh but my comment stills stands. Your original post was centered on you blaming Itsuno for developments in the franchise that were outside of his control. As valcorn pointed out, Itsuno has no creative control and the decision of doing DMC5 or reboot is over his head.

You want to blame someone go blame Keiji Inafune who was chief creative officer at the time and the decision to "go west" is probably his.

VergilNeroDante

Didn't Keiji Inafune leave Capcom around 2010? Well then I'm sure it was decided to go "west" and try to make better sells. Anyways that doesn't leave out DMC 4 special edition nor DMC 5

Top Bottom