• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kinda confused

VergilNeroDante

I know you supporters hope for a sequel to your reboot but honestly if it doesn't sell, will Capcom make a sequel to the reboot? If so then why didn't they continue with the original DMC? Itsuno apparently didn't want to make a DMC 5, instead he wanted to bring his own game Dragon's Dogma in and go from there. We get Dragon's Dogma and also a DMC reboot ( I guess he wanted to continue it somehow). Honestly I'm lost on this. First they don't want to make DMC 5 and then this, a reboot? I think Itsuno is brain dead and isn't sure on what he wants. I believe he should give the rights to DMC back to the creator. I played Bayo's demo and enjoyed it alot and not because of the character being eye candy or whatever but because to me it felt like playing a REAL DMC game but with a different character and universe. It's overall feel is what dragged me into it.

If DmC fails in sells and still makes a sequel then honestly what was the issue in trying to continue the original series?

Nerofanheart

I'm kinda confused just reading this.:troll:

you gotta learn how to organize and prioritize your thoughts, man.
i think he meant that Bayonetta is more of a DMC game than DmC is and that if a reboot sells poorly compared to its predecessors it doesnt deserve a sequel

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
i think he meant that Bayonetta is more of a DMC game than DmC is and that if a reboot sells poorly compared to its predecessors it doesnt deserve a sequel

But Bayonetta wasn't much a financial success. 1 million doesn't make it a best seller. The reason why there will be a Bayonetta 2 is because of Nintendo. A Wii-U exclusive. Nothing else. Almost all of Platinum's games are a hit or miss. Bayonetta, although critically acclaimed, is no exception.

Give back the DMC series to its original creator? Be careful what you wish for. Most of the people from Platinum Games are former Capcom employees (Clover Studio). God Hand, Viewtiful Joe aren't much big sellers. Okami had critical success yet it's financial failure led the closure of Clover Studio. So for me, it's either way. As long as there is DMC.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I know you supporters hope for a sequel to your reboot but honestly if it doesn't sell, will Capcom make a sequel to the reboot? If so then why didn't they continue with the original DMC? Itsuno apparently didn't want to make a DMC 5, instead he wanted to bring his own game Dragon's Dogma in and go from there. We get Dragon's Dogma and also a DMC reboot ( I guess he wanted to continue it somehow). Honestly I'm lost on this. First they don't want to make DMC 5 and then this, a reboot? I think Itsuno is brain dead and isn't sure on what he wants. I believe he should give the rights to DMC back to the creator. I played Bayo's demo and enjoyed it alot and not because of the character being eye candy or whatever but because to me it felt like playing a REAL DMC game but with a different character and universe. It's overall feel is what dragged me into it.

If DmC fails in sells and still makes a sequel then honestly what was the issue in trying to continue the original series?
I think you assume too much of itsuno since i dont think he has any say over what actually happens with the franchise so the decision of doing another one or making a reboot is out of his hands.

So stop whining and blaming him for things he cant control.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I feel exactly how you feel, and I'm disappointed that they're gonna make a sequel of DmC and not continue with DMC5...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'd have liked to have seen what they would have done with it though, instead of throwing it out the door...

Well apparently DMC4 was suppose to be Dante traveling to hell with Trish and Lady present and Nelo Angelo returning along with Nero also making his appearance. Here's concept art.
452640.jpg
516268.jpg
516263.jpg
516259.jpg

devil-may-cry-4-concept-art-02.jpg

You may now, get p*ssed.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
Honestly, if it wasn't for all of the hate on DmC, even if it did not sell well, I think a DMC5 would be out of the question. Besides, even if they did make it, we would just tear it up like we did DMC4.

VergilNeroDante

If DMC 4 gets a special edition would you think it would add all the other things that were left out? Hence the picture above me proved it could have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than what we had now.

VergilNeroDante

I think you assume too much of itsuno since i dont think he has any say over what actually happens with the franchise so the decision of doing another one or making a reboot is out of his hands.

So stop whining and blaming him for things he cant control.

I can post whatever I want about a company whether you acknowledge or not. Either way you shold just ignore this "issue" and move along. I'm stating that Itsuno, since being the director after Kamiya left, sucks and can't do anything interesting anymore. Sure he might have made DMC 3 and DMC 4 and yea they were great games but still he sucks because he didn't want to finish a product but rather reboot it and beat around the bush. If a DMC 4 special edition was to be produced and with all the things left out added, then I am sure it would be way better than what we have now.

devil-may-cry-4-concept-art-02.jpg

This showed alot that could have REVITALIZED the series rather than going the other route and reboot the series that half the world hates.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
This showed alot that could have REVITALIZED the series rather than going the other route and reboot the series that half the world hates.

First, Istuno only directed DMC3, Kobayashi directed DMC4. Please get your facts straight there. Second..."Half the world". I'm so glad you speak for everyone, since, you know, people HATE DmC so much that it's TOP OF THE CHARTS in the UK and JAPAN. ...have fun with those facts.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Its on top because there was no other big release in january. Maybe lets compare raw numbers? In UK reboot sold around 1/3 of what dmc4 in first week, in Japan about half of dmc4 sales at start.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
And also consider the fact that DMC4 rode on DMC3's popularity and success, while DmC is fighting the disappointment of DMC4(much like DMC3 did with the fallout of DMC2) and is fighting a vocal minority of very loud hate crowds who will refuse to give the game a chance even if/when it turns out to be decently good, because God forbid they were probably wrong.

I used to say this game was gonn'a be bad back when we got the early trailers and the info of Dante being a halfie-halfie. I still don't like a few things in the plot of the game, but I gave it a chance with the demo, and the full game itself is fun, well made, and enjoyable, and the controversy has gotten more people to actually pick it up to see what the fuss is about.

Valcorn

First, Istuno only directed DMC3, Kobayashi directed DMC4. Please get your facts straight there. Second..."Half the world". I'm so glad you speak for everyone, since, you know, people HATE DmC so much that it's TOP OF THE CHARTS in the UK and JAPAN. ...have fun with those facts.
wrong...

Top Bottom