• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kat and the twins

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I don't know what to think of the comic because compared to how Kat says she met Vergil in the game, they don't tie up. Okay you can say memory loss made them forget, but by the sounds of how Kat told Dante her story, Vergil saved her at a much younger age when she was still under the care of her foster father demon. That's why I struggle to consider the comic canon, because it would've made more sense if they'd stuck originally with what Kat said in the game, and had it Vergil erased their memories during her time at The Order if they happened to get close in the years that'd followed. [Although I haven't seen all of the comic, so I can't be sure. Wasn't she just a runaway back then for that?]

Returning to the question. The game did tease you with the idea that perhaps Vergil did care for Kat [the little exchanges they shared at the beginning and end of mission 2; the look Vergil gives Kat after Dante winks at her in mission 9; and then how relieved he sounds at seeing she's alive in mission 12.]. If I hadn't seen Vergil's reveal trailer, I probably woulld've been bought into this.

But that is the thing, Vergil might have the intent of ruling over mankind because he believes that's what's best for them, but he doesn't treat humans as equals where as Dante does. The sad thing is, even if Vergil did get on well with Kat, he might've only seen her as a tool because of her gifts. That's probably the only reason he saved her in the first place, she was useful.

You saw how Vergil abandons everybody at The Order, wasn't willing to go save Kat from Mundus, and didn't acknowledge how she helped him and Dante in defeating Mundus. Not only that, he risked her life forcing her to collect data from the systems, then left her for the swat team and pretty much for dead without a second's thought [When that time spent could've been used to get her out. Remember, Spraycan]. Then to top things off, Vergil endangers Kat's life a second time during The Trade when he shoots Lilith, and Dante has to run in and help her, otherwise she might've been hit in the crossfire. If he and Kat had hooked up, she would've winded up being his Ana in their 50 Shades of Grey relationship.

Just the thought of that alone makes me....GRR!
tumblr_inline_mgwmb9SThk1rviq8l.gif

Vergil, you selfish, arrogant, uncaring, unfeeling piece of unicorn horn! You should be neutered, your Nephilim kidneys stolen and have them shipped off to candy mountain than having you lay a single finger on Kat!

For those reasons alone my answer is Dante, just because of the fact he cares about Kat and her well being, even though he's only known her a few days, he really treats her as if they're long time friends [and I think it does imply a bit that he might like her.].

Kat did seem to care a lot about Vergil though, and that she's very loyal to him. And wonder really since he did in a way save her from the life with her foster father and give her an entirely new one. Whether he abandoned her for dead or not, or saw her just as a tool, she'd always be grateful to him for doing that. I think that's why she begged Dante not to kill him at the end, because she still cared for Vergil. How that might in the future I don't know, but it's very unlikely Kat would be willing to be one of his 'subjects' after the speech he gave.

Although, I wouldn't mind if they did somehow make it Vergil got in touch with his humanity and did learn to care for Kat. I'd be open to the idea...but secretly I lean more to the hope that Dante and Kat would winded up getting a bit closer, even if it just teased at those two being something more than good friends. That's probably one of the things I really liked about DmC, they didn't go for the same old 'boy meets girl' concept we've seen a bunch of times where they hook up at the end and kiss and all that cheesy garbage. They showed you the beginning of something that may or not turn into anything at all, and I think that's great. I wish more films would do that.

But really, my answer is I'd prefer Kat to be with Dante....I mean LOOK at them!

tumblr_mhwz8iWZTm1re99vgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhxjz5Jeea1ryfipvo2_500.gif

I'm not even sorry. I ship them to the ends of the Earth, Limbo and beyond!

Sadly I don't think Dante and Kat really be together in the long run anyway. And here's why...

Onecrazymonkey1

Dante has a long history of sexual activity with a variety of human women- I'm sure he wouldn't have any issues continuing that honored tradition. For all I know, Vergil could have lost his virginity to a demon. Or not at all...

As long as it wasn't with Lilith in a drunken one night stand *shivers*..[/quote]
I was half expecting her to make some sort of sexual crack at him during the nighclub mission:p Thank goodness that never happened. Besides, Dante would have to be super drunk to get near her like that. :lol:[/quote]

I really don't think the kingdom hearts Idea is cheesy at all. To me any story can be cheesy or a masterpiece; it's just a matter of how well they can pull it off.

Beer can be very effective.....
beer___enough_said.jpg

Anyway this is off topic but is getting drunk a human condition in this game? can demons get drunk at all?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
As long as it wasn't with Lilith in a drunken one night stand *shivers*..
I was half expecting her to make some sort of sexual crack at him during the nighclub mission:p Thank goodness that never happened. Besides, Dante would have to be super drunk to get near her like that. :lol:[/quote]

I really don't think the kingdom hearts Idea is cheesy at all. To me any story can be cheesy or a masterpiece; it's just a matter of how well they can pull it off.Maybe if Vergil just got this feeling when he's around Kat, but he's not sure what it is or why he feels like that. It could have been the start of a new relationship for them. But seeing as how the game went, there's little hope for the future of their relationsip.

Beer can be very effective.....
beer___enough_said.jpg

Anyway this is off topic but is getting drunk a human condition in this game? can demons get drunk at all?[/quote]
Humans can get drunk for sure, That's one of the ways Lilith controls them at the club.
I'm not sure about demons. But Dante can get drunk and have a hangover....h'es part demon so maybe a demon can be drunk? Mundus, I'm looking at you right now. Must have been totally drunk:lol::troll: This totally happened when he sobered up after.
jkihj_zps3cc8d3ca.png

DmC-Devil-May-Cry-Mundus_zpsf8a2098e.png

Ummm.....aaanyway, back to topic. ^_^

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I would say Vergil, but you never know where he's going to put that gun. ;3
in her womb like he did Lilith.
Okay, that was a low blow, I'm sorry couldn't resist :D
Seriously though, Dante or me, I mean I spray paint, she spray paints. He she we wumbo, wumbology.
I could so get rid of that terrible joke, I regret nothing. But, seriously...Dante, Dante already.
If he would get her knocked up we know Vergil's got a back up plan. The tactician through and through.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If he would get her knocked up we know Vergil's got a back up plan. The tactician through and through.
Ouch! I don't think he'd be cold enough to do that. If he ever decided to have a child, I think he'd do it for the same reason as Mundus: heir to the legacy. He wouldn't go firing bullets at the one carrying his child.

Top Bottom