• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jump Cancelling is an overhyped mechanic

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't know about you, but I always thought Jump Cancelling has been definitely overhyped by the Devil May Cry community. I don't find it very stylish or impressive when you just jump cancel as fast as you can. Jump cancelling is something that can benefit higher level players to make them do cool stuff, but jump cancelling isn't the cool stuff by itself. That's how I always viewed it.

Do you agree? Discuss.

Meg

*applauds*

Yes, exactly! I never cared about jump canceling. In fact, I personally think it looks stupid: not stylish. I agree it should be used as a tool to do stylish moves rather than be considered something cool and stylish itself.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Jump canceling is indeed a tool to achieve stylish stuff. Nothing stylish in repeatedly spamming it to death. It is useful to survive on high difficulties, but it's not that cool looking by itself. At least not if you jc the same move over and over. It's definitely cooler when you jc different moves, like, if the enemy is in the air, u start with Aerial Rave, then Yamato Aerial Rave, jc, dive kick, jc, Lucifer, jc, Rainstorm.
Just an example.

Personally, I only jc the same move over and over to train. You know, to get the rhythm. In that case it's useful to be able to master it perfectly, so that you can use it flawlessly when you get into the actual combat.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've never thought it was anything special to begin with. Style tournaments get boring after looking at the same move repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ooooveeeerrrr. I've seen some bad ass ones but for the most part they get dull. I'm sure they take great skill and hours on end behind the controler but by god does it old fast when you are just watching. I wonder if that's why Bayonetta shoots when she enemy steps, to limit the use of it on enemies so they don't over spam.

Edit:
I've said this before, haven't I? We've had this discussion before, and not that long ago, either, right?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Like everything, it's moderation, I s'pose. It certainly should not be the be all, end all of DMC's gameplay, but it does have its uses. With aerial combat itself being expanded in DmC, it's use is also a lot more focused now, similarly with Nero and how he had a lot of aerial options at his disposal, too.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It is a means to be creative with the combat in my eyes and i love it , but i can see where ye are coming from

Top Bottom