• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jump cancelling help

Konayuki

Hey guys! I've been playing DMC4 for quite awhile, I may be able to do the basic jump cancelling with nero, the keep jump snatch sword repeat combo, and perhaps abit of others nero JCs, however, I just can't do dante's jump cancelling, whenever I tried JC with him, he either jump too high to hit the enemy, or I just can't do it, some help please.

My controller configuration
PS3 Controller :
X : Jump
[] : Sword
O : Style
/\ : DT
R1 : Lock-On
R2 : Change Sword
L2 : Change Gun
L1 : Gun

Thanks!

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
If you want to JC with Dante, you need to press the buttons a lot quicker than with Nero, practically at the the same time. His easiest moves to JC are his sword-master aerial combo, Yamato's air combo and Pandora's Gatling gun just jump with an enemy and constantly press shoot and jump, then you should jump cancel it, the others I'd practice on Berial, hes so easy to JC it hurts, also I noticed unlike DMC3, JC'in in 4 is mainly down to enemy position not timing, timing is obviously important but positioning is the main thing, Frosts and angels are the easiest to do, Good luck! :)

SpawnShooter

No probs, i dont actually change my config, just for Nero so i can use his charge shot 3 without hassle(i have his shoot on the right trigger) but ive heard having a trigger for jump can help with JC :)

Konayuki

Yeah! I changed my config for dante for jump to be at R2, its working quite okay now :) However, I can't seem to be constant, I meant I can JC now quite nicely, however Dante keeps slowly rising above the enemy, and then soon out of the range to jump on it, how to stay constant ? I seen combo videos where they do so nicely. *Jealous!*

aka958

Don't trust people
Have you seen if they are in DT or not then? If I remember correctly in DT attacks executes faster and you can JC longer.

They might also change to other attacks such as the downards striking ones, Split and whatever downard diagonal Gilgamesh attack's name is. Both of those attacks makes Dante go down a little, so you can start JC'ing again.

I only JC with the Shotgun and Trickster against Fausts, Blitz and Mephistos. It's so easy to decloak them all with jump cancel, if they fly away then just chase with Trickster. Every jump does damage too with Gilgamesh. XD

asdfen

I have a question whats the point of jump canceling? It does not look cool takes a while there are faster and cooler ways to kill stuff.

aka958

Don't trust people
Exactly, faster ways. Jump Cancelling highers style quickly and doesn't instantly kill an enemy. Higher style and more hits to kill something = moar stylish points.

Konayuki

Hey, just asking, I just can't continuously do the helm breaker/split for dante/nero, any tips? I can cancel it the first time, but second time or third i always jump ahead or something.

SpawnShooter

^practice Helm Breaker/Split against a mega scarecrow, just floor him and they seem to be the easiest to practice on :) (but only where they're grounded, in the air I think they are one of the harder enemy's to cancel but on ground they make for good practice) that should help with timing, so you can do it quicker (less time in air moving forwards) good luck mate, if you notice any tips let us know I'm not that good at Helm breaker, well except against grounded mega scarecrows :\

Konayuki

Hey guys! For nero eh, whats your configuration? Don't you all find it hard to use the buster hold one enemy, while jumping and slashing around?

Top Bottom