• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Joker

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I liked it and I'm curious about it. I'm still on the fence about seeing it. The big question (rhetorical) is do you want to see a standalone origin story for the joker?

PS. that sentence reminded me of SPLIT.

The theme I took away is "how would someone like this slip through the cracks?"
The difference is that the Unbreakable franchise (Unbreakable is the third film in the series) takes inspiration from comics of the 70's or lower. However, you could make the case that is similar to the X-men films, or at least some parts of Professor X.

"Joker" is its own story. I think that, if Warner Bros. sees sales climb, a sequel will be green lit, so they can continue this M-rated formula, and leading into the Justice League universe kinda like MCU.

Last edited:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
The difference is that the Unbreakable franchise (Split is the third film in the series) takes inspiration from comics of the 70's or lower. However, you could make the case that is similar to the X-men films, or at least some parts of Professor X.

"Joker" is its own story. I think that, if Warner Bros. sees sales climb, a sequel will be green lit, so they can continue this M-rated formula, and leading into the Justice League universe kinda like MCU.

Wasn't split the second one? Just asking since I still need to watch the rest of that series afer unbreakable.

Anyway back on topic. I'm still unsure wether I I want to watch this movie. If I watch it it'll most likely be on DVD, most superhero movies fell kind of flat for me lately.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Wasn't split the second one? Just asking since I still need to watch the rest of that series afer unbreakable.

Anyway back on topic. I'm still unsure wether I I want to watch this movie. If I watch it it'll most likely be on DVD, most superhero movies fell kind of flat for me lately.
Yeah, you're right. I confused split with Unbreakable...

Eastrail177TrilogyBluRayCover.jpeg

So, the way it goes is Glass > Split > Unbreakable. As far as I know, the series is a trilogy. Filmmaker said there is no plan to continue this series.

EDIT: Post fixed to reflect my findings.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The difference is that the Unbreakable franchise (Unbreakable is the third film in the series) takes inspiration from comics of the 70's or lower. However, you could make the case that is similar to the X-men films, or at least some parts of Professor X.

"Joker" is its own story. I think that, if Warner Bros. sees sales climb, a sequel will be green-lit, so they can continue this M-rated formula, and leading into the Justice League universe kinda like MCU.
I ended up having a brain fart when I wrote that sentence. Thinking of SPLIT made me realize I don't mind watching a villain protagonist I just don't know how I feel about Joker getting one.

PS. Unbreakable isn't the third film but the first.

Top Bottom