• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jak and Daxter reboot- how would you do it?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
- Get word from Sony to do a J&D Reboot
- Think about how to make it accessable for the modern audience
- Come to the conclusion that the modern audience doesn't deserve it
- Send a letter back to Sony with a drawing of the middle finger on it
- Pack up and leave Naughty Dog.

I dread to think about how a Jak & Daxter reboot would turn out in this Gamers vs SJWs era.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Turn Jak into a bishounen, Daxter into a loli, make the big bad a biseinen (grown up bishounen) and include lots of situations open to interpretation, go swimming in money every evening.
And then I'll wake up and continue with my life thinking Jak & Daxter don't need a reboot.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
I think trying to make Jak and co look realistic was a bad idea. Them being gritty is fine because we had that in Jak 2.

@LordOfDarkness Jak's story is built on a stable time loop so you could always just show a loop with different details.

@Viper Jak 2 had Keira and Ashelin fighting over Jak and Razer from Jak x turned some heads so 2 out of 3 aint bad.:cool:

Jak 1 was made with an international audience in mind because Crash Bandicoot did well in Japan. So giving it to a Japanese Dev team isnt that out of place.

Ps. I know you guys are joking. Just didnt want it to be all pessimism.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Return to 3d platformers roots. Remove whole grittiness and keep it bright and cool.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Jak's redesign btw 1 and 2 made the list. One of the reasons it was a success because it was a good balance between the light and dark.

Jak became a darker character and so did the world but they still kept the charm of the original and it was fun to explore the world. Daxter had a lot of great moments.

So if they had to reboot it, i think finding that balance between the two is key.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd say give us Jak and Daxter 2 all over again. Add more weapons, update their look and bam! No reboot, just give me the second game with everything, including the kitchen sink throw in.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
@Sparda's rejected son
Tbh Im not 100% fond of rebooting Jak and Daxter. I suggested it because thats what Naughty Dog tried to do.

I wouldn't mind another sequel. Im not too sure about a remake unless its a top to bottom remake like FF7.

@Innsmouth im not too sure about that since Sony got back Crash Bandicoot (somewhat)

Jak found its footing with the direction 2 and 3 went in. So i dont think getting rid off the grittiness is the way to go. Its better to find a balance between the light and dark aspects.

I would say setting it in the past is a good idea and having the platforming and open world aspects is a must.

Instead of the third person shooter aspects, I'd incorporate hack and slash gameplay.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Z218 I think that JaD2 was pretty horrible in many aspects and JaD3 was good only because it reduced whole GTA vibe from second one. So I think sony should really go back on more entertaining vibes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
@Innsmouth im the opposite because Jak 2 was my first jak game and i played jak 1 last.

The gta direction was because kids (10-12 year olds) were playing more gta than mario/sonic etc. So they might reboot it to fit what kids are into now.

They do have the license for Crash (limited) so going back to a full 3d platformer wouldn't feel right to me.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Innsmouth im the opposite because Jak 2 was my first jak game and i played jak 1 last.

The gta direction was because kids (10-12 year olds) were playing more gta than mario/sonic etc. So they might reboot it to fit what kids are into now.

They do have the license for Crash (limited) so going back to a full 3d platformer wouldn't feel right to me.
Honestly Crash and J&D felt different enough to justify their existence. GTA clones are far and vast nowadays though :(

Top Bottom