• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there a Market for this?

Is there a market for this?

• yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I really like to play old games again. Such as Parasite Eve 2 on PS1.
Virtua Fighter 4 on Ps2 and so on.

Do you think there is a good market for making old games for newer Consoles such as Xbox and Ps3?

I would even buy Blood Omen and Soul Reaver.

Of course i expect pretty cheap price for these games :)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

Do you think there is a good market for making old games for newer Consoles such as Xbox and Ps3?

Several PS1 games are available for purchase on PSN, such as Parasite Eve games, Final Fantasy games, etc. Get a PSN card or a credit card and just buy any old games that you miss playing before.

Recent HD collections of games such as God of War Collection, God of War: Origins Collection, and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection are proof that old games are still wanted by current gamers. Video game companies take HD collections as quick cash-in, whereas gamers take it as a chance to play old games they have played before or haven't yet. It is a win-win situation. Another game that is remastered in HD on PSN and Xbox Live is Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix, and it is rather popular with a lot of my friends.

Popularity and sales of the games may affect the chances whether the game will be re-released on newer consoles. Not-so-popular games tend to have lower chances to be re-released in HD or online stores such as PSN or Xbox Live, and vice versa. The market for the old games being released is still there, but it highly depends on many factors such as money, human factor, etc.

Most HD Collections are quite cheap nowadays, and some old games that you can purchase on PSN are either cheap or reasonably priced.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium

............ Ebay lol :D

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Thanks Chaos and Azure. I didn't know it's something usual of old games being on PSN.

Thing isi hate purchasing items online :/

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Thanks Chaos and Azure. I didn't know it's something usual of old games being on PSN.

Thing isi hate purchasing items online :/

Not much we can do now with old games. I'm lucky that there's a small store near where I live that sells used old school games and used gaming systems. Only problem, the owner of that guy is a sketch lol. And I haven't been there in like..... a couple of years.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Lots of games head to PSN, Xbox Live Arcade or the Xbox Originals list.
I am glad i made this thread. I remember when i mastered dodging of mutated horses in Parasite eve 2.

Greatest gaming feeling ever :D

The crap thing is: I don't do online buying :/ I may have thoug hthough lol.

Parasite Eve 2 is cool.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I am glad i made this thread. I remember when i mastered dodging of mutated horses in Parasite eve 2.

Greatest gaming feeling ever :D

The crap thing is: I don't do online buying :/ I may have thoug hthough lol.

Parasite Eve 2 is cool.

Been waiting for them to re-release Shenmue and Shenmue II on Xbox Live Arcade for years but hasnt happened yet. Did get Perfect Dark original though which was a nice blast from the past.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Been waiting for them to re-release Shenmue and Shenmue II on Xbox Live Arcade for years but hasnt happened yet. Did get Perfect Dark original though which was a nice blast from the past.
I bet. I remember seeing friends of mine play Perfect Dark. It's certainly a good game.

Top Bottom