• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there a good guide for playing as Vergil?

Snarks

Well I mean obviously there have to be some, the game is 10 years old. But I'm not having much luck finding any. I was never any good at Vergil and I figure I'm missing out on a good part of the game by not knowing anything about how he can be played. Combo videos are pretty much an indecipherable mash of jump-cancel Yamato and spinning summoned swords, so it would be easier to see a guide or even a playthrough by someone good.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
There are plenty of VMD playthroughs. XenalKail, Breatoal and Broly2012 on youtube are some people you should look into.

Snarks

Really tough since Vergil has no juggling aerials other than Yamato, which is incredibly demanding to jump cancel. I can only get 2-3 before Vergil is too high up.

From the looks of how people constantly spam Summoned Swords with him, I should change gun to a shoulder button when playing Vergil?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Really tough since Vergil has no juggling aerials other than Yamato, which is incredibly demanding to jump cancel. I can only get 2-3 before Vergil is too high up.

From the looks of how people constantly spam Summoned Swords with him, I should change gun to a shoulder button when playing Vergil?

You could do that. Or you can leave it on X/Square and press it alternating with the melee attack.

Khundy

Berserker
Just Experiment, like jump into a room for a couple of hours also while playing with different button layouts. I recommend DMC3 Level 4 in the pit, since you can just keep jumping back in to respawn the enemies. Also hard mode Difficulty for the basic enemy types and challenge nothing to crazy like those weird floating octopus things.

Top Bottom