• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

is there a enemy that you actually didn't want to fight?

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
That's a though question, I really like the bosses and the enemies in the franchise. :p
Well, I guess Arkham is the one enemy that annoyed me so much in my SS DMD run that I didn't even want to fight him, he's just so random!
Oh, and the Soul Eaters, the motherf*cking Soul Eaters, those are also a huge pain in the ass.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I'm really fond of my red orbs to spend them for itemsXD
The first time I played and worked through all modes, I had found an easy way to beat him before DMD - in which he actually uses LESS attacks..wtf - but when I play now and then I might even get bored and move on to the cut-scenes. Same with Arkham.

I didn't know that, then again, Sanctus was the reason that i never played the harder modes.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i also really hated from
dmc1: nobodies, shadows, death scythes, thoes evil blue tentacled that stick out the walls in hell that rapidly eat your health, marionetties and death scissors
dmc2: savage golem, puia, trismagia, argosax the chaos, possesed arius, larvae and bolverk
dmc3: soul eaters, arkham, blood goyles, arachnia and gigapede
dmc4: sanctus, these weird time demons and a giant frog thing

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I didn't know that, then again, Sanctus was the reason that i never played the harder modes.

Yup it's weird. When I went against him on DMD I had become a master at countering that stinger-like attack he does with the Sparda sword, only to realize that he died before ever using it. And it is actually the reason I hate fighting with him the most.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh! Another enemy I absolutely despise are the goddamn Enigmas!

...Actually, pretty much every enemy from 3... I found 3's enemy design to be very dull and gimmicky.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Oh! Another enemy I absolutely despise are the goddamn Enigmas!

...Actually, pretty much every enemy from 3... I found 3's enemy design to be very dull and gimmicky.

Oh come on! Seven Hells were the perfect guys to mess with! They were so beatable that I felt kinda sorry for them at times.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh come on! Seven Hells were the perfect guys to mess with! They were so beatable that I felt kinda sorry for them at times.

The Seven Hells the Demon Army were the only ones I liked! XD

And they weren't really all that beatable... Only the Prides and Envies were. Sloths, Greeds, Gluttonies, Wraths Lusts, they could all f*ck your sh*t up if you weren't on your toes. ESPECIALLY Greeds!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The Seven Hells the Demon Army were the only ones I liked! XD

And they weren't really all that beatable... Only the Prides and Envies were. Sloths, Greeds, Gluttonies, Wraths Lusts, they could all f*ck your sh*t up if you weren't on your toes. ESPECIALLY Greeds!

Still they were way easier than anything else in the game;) I think of them only as difficultin comparison to DMC2 enemies.
They can surprise you sure, (especially Lusts that leap out of the corner of your camera only to stinger-like move with their scythe skewring you) but if you know which of them you're fighting, you can pretty much make life really hard for them.

On the other hand you can never do that to Dullahans, Soul Eaters etc. Maybe you can mess the same way with some of the chess pieces, but still.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Still they were way easier than anything else in the game;) I think of them only as difficultin comparison to DMC2 enemies.
They can surprise you sure, (especially Lusts that leap out of the corner of your camera only to stinger-like move with their scythe skewring you) but if you know which of them you're fighting, you can pretty much make life really hard for them.

On the other hand you can never do that to Dullahans, Soul Eaters etc. Maybe you can mess the same way with some of the chess pieces, but still.

Even the enemies in DMC2 can screw you up if you were playing on, say Hard or DMD.

Dullahans were badass. I love their voices.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Even the enemies in DMC2 can screw you up if you were playing on, say Hard or DMD.

Dullahans were badass. I love their voices.

The only difficult DMC2 guys I can think of are mini-boss lever like the tanks. But yeah in DMD even the simple guys throwing their shields can make you lose life here and there.

Speaking of favorites, the Alto Angelo knights are awesome<3

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The only difficult DMC2 guys I can think of are mini-boss lever like the tanks. But yeah in DMD even the simple guys throwing their shields can make you lose life here and there.

Speaking of favorites, the Alto Angelo knights are awesome<3

Alto Angelos are holy damn freaking awesome. And so are Bianco Angelos, if only because lances are awesome and white armor is also awesome. And they all have those badass voices!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Alto Angelos are holy damn freaking awesome. And so are Bianco Angelos, if only because lances are awesome and white armor is also awesome. And they all have those badass voices!

Hell yeah. As a Knights-fanboy I totally adored them from the first trailer they appeared. And then they could even fly as well. *loves*

I kinda expected you'd love Blades/Assaults.

Especially in DMC1 where they came in many sizes and colors. - the big black ones were really tough to crack.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hell yeah. As a Knights-fanboy I totally adored them from the first trailer they appeared. And then they could even fly as well. *loves*

I kinda expected you'd love Blades/Assaults.

Especially in DMC1 where they came in many sizes and colors. - the big black ones were really tough to crack.

Blades and Assaults? They're awesome. My favorite enemy in the whole series. Frosts are the only ones that come close to being as awesome.

And the big black Blades, if I recall correctly, are actually the females. Yeah, wrap your mind around that one!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Blades and Assaults? They're awesome. My favorite enemy in the whole series. Frosts are the only ones that come close to being as awesome.

And the big black Blades, if I recall correctly, are actually the females. Yeah, wrap your mind around that one!

Equality on sexes. Thank you DMC1. And yeah Frosts are instant love. The silent-assassin-ice-sorcerer thing they've got makes them my favorites in DMC1 along with Shadow. Even though I wasn't exactly glad to be fighting them. Unless DT was full and I could use Inferno..

Now that I think of it, DMC1 monsters are really the best pals to be spending the afternoon either. Especially Nobodies. The first time I fought them I thought they were immortal..

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Equality on sexes. Thank you DMC1. And yeah Frosts are instant love. The silent-assassin-ice-sorcerer thing they've got makes them my favorites in DMC1 along with Shadow. Even though I wasn't exactly glad to be fighting them. Unless DT was full and I could use Inferno..

Now that I think of it, DMC1 monsters are really the best pals to be spending the afternoon either. Especially Nobodies. The first time I fought them I thought they were immortal..

To be fair though, imagine if any of them were your bodyguards! Mundus had the right idea when he created the Blades and Frosts for his army. He was a smart villain.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
To be fair though, imagine if any of them were your bodyguards! Mundus had the right idea when he created the Blades and Frosts for his army. He was a smart villain.

In general they're the best devil-enemies in DMC. Each one has a lot of different attacks and isn't an one-trick-pony like the rest of DMCs-enemies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
In general they're the best devil-enemies in DMC. Each one has a lot of different attacks and isn't an one-trick-pony like the rest of DMCs-enemies.

It's funny too. They were the only "normal" enemy like that. The Death Scythes were varied in their attacks too, but they were mini-bosses.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think you are probably remembering that wrong there was no mention of gender in any of the enemy files in DMC1.

I don't remember it being mentioned in the files. If I can find where I read it, I'll show you, alright? I've been looking for it all day.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Yup definately didn't want to fight Nefassturis, Orranguerra and then Argosax the Chaos on DMD, they kept completely mashing me to bits even though I was doing everything possible to counter attack them...

Top Bottom