• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

is there a enemy that you actually didn't want to fight?

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
or did you just find a certain enemy creepy or scary?

for me in dmc1 the first time i played it i was scarred from the sight of the nobodys and hated fighting them

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
hmmm...3 doesn't count cuz i read (and memorized most of) the guide...in 1 I didn't wanna fight Trish (lucky me), 2...I jus wanted it to end...4 was definitely a Vergil clone, thank my lucky stars again

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Nightmare..... I absolutly hated that boss..... It was such a pain in the ass. Not a fan of the shadows either

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
In DMC4, trying to defeat Sanctus Diabolica was a pain. Ugh. Managed to kick his butt after the fifteenth time. Yay~. Plus, him just coming right at me made me all "AHH!! GET OUT OF THERE, NERO! >:O"

lets rock baby

This is what dante is and always will be
nevan was a pain. everytime I had her half way beaten she'd kiss me and have to start all over again

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Lol, reminds me of myself in DMC1. Most of my time there is spend making Dante comment on bookcases, statues, buildings and the rest XD
Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I'm such a bad DMC1 player..^^;;
I did the exact same thing. Having all the power ups and moves did me no good. The statues and bookcases became my haven lol.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I did the exact same thing. Having all the power ups and moves did me no good. The statues and bookcases became my haven lol.

It's funny how you get references that Mundus did the same stuff in the past by reading those bookcases. One of the reasons DMC1 Dante is my favorite incarnation of the hero is because of his inquisite nature.

And yeah sometimes the monsters were a pain. Dante's all like *reading Shakespeare mode* then * BLAST* Sin Scythes enter through the walls. Me: Damn, let a man read in peace..

It's funny cause in the DMC1 comic, at some point Dante is indeed sitting somewhere reading, when suddenly Trish enters and is like "shouldn't you be killing demons?" or something.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's funny how you get references that Mundus did the same stuff in the past by reading those bookcases. One of the reasons DMC1 Dante is my favorite incarnation of the hero is because of his inquisite nature.

And yeah sometimes the monsters were a pain. Dante's all like *reading Shakespeare mode* then * BLAST* Sin Scythes enter through the walls. Me: Damn, let a man read in peace..

It's funny cause in the DMC1 comic, at some point Dante is indeed sitting somewhere reading, when suddenly Trish enters and is like "shouldn't you be killing demons?" or something.
*The mere mention of the Sin Scythes sends me hiding under the bed.* God I hated those things with a passion. Popping up everywhere and laughing, oh Lord the laughing..
See folks Dante is not a air head, the demon hunter enjoys good literature. I totally forgot about those references... its time to bust out the DMC1 disc and go myth busting on it!!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Clearly DMC1 is probably the scariest of the games. In many cases I felt like just running to escape. Since DMC wasn't an rpg, and killing demons wouldn't make me stronger or anythingXD

Though the monsters I absolutely hate to fight against are those invisible-tentacles things in DMC3. I always wonder why they exist..

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
You mean those floating squids that suck away your Devil Trigger?
DMC1 had the best demon designs, I still jump when Shadow leaps on to the screen from out of no where.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
You mean those floating squids that suck away your Devil Trigger?
DMC1 had the best demon designs, I still jump when Shadow leaps on to the screen from out of no where.

Yup that's them.

And totally agree with your last statement. DMC4 could come closer if only DMC hadn't already evolved in a more carefree game. I mean the ideas of DMC4 demons are really scary. Empty armors? Shades that can manipulate and hide behind a mere cloak? Demons that posses other demons? And so many other creepy things.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Major thumbs up for Sanctus. Since I don't play DMC4 regularly I have to re-invent my trick of beating him each time. I can never remember...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I saved up holy waters, but that took quite a long time.

I'm really fond of my red orbs to spend them for itemsXD
The first time I played and worked through all modes, I had found an easy way to beat him before DMD - in which he actually uses LESS attacks..wtf - but when I play now and then I might even get bored and move on to the cut-scenes. Same with Arkham.

Top Bottom