• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is the Vergil free with PC preorder?

rupok93

I am wondering if the vergil dlc free with the pc preorder because it says it nowhere on steam or other sites.

rupok93

I think ill just skip the game then, I am not a huge fan of what they did with the series but the vergil parts looked cool and no way in hell I a dealing with 30 fps in a dmc game on consoles.

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
The Virgil DLC will most likely be available later for purchase on steam. The Capcom Store has a promotional pre-order bonus that is TBA so you could bet they'll have it for free if you order from them when we find out.

rupok93

Ya but isn't it a steamworks game? So I think ill buy it from wherever that has it as a preorder bonus off free vergil dlc, since it activates on steam anyways.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Where can I get the free DLC anyway? Do I have to buy it directly from Capcom's store? Cuz the only other place that has it is Gamestop, and you have to be a power-up member for it...

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Where can I get the free DLC anyway? Do I have to buy it directly from Capcom's store? Cuz the only other place that has it is Gamestop, and you have to be a power-up member for it...
You don't have to be a power-up member, you just have to pre-order the game from there.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You don't have to be a power-up member, you just have to pre-order the game from there.

No. I just went to the Gamestop website and it says, on the page, that the Vergil DLC is power-up exclusive. You have to scroll down to see it. It's in a big, hard-to-miss black box.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Wow.
Capcom are trying very hard to make the U.S. not get any special content.
I never knew you had to be a power-up member just to get the free Vergil DLC.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow.
Capcom are trying very hard to make the U.S. not get any special content.
I never knew you had to be a power-up member just to get the free Vergil DLC.

Yeah... I was all excited for it too, but when I scrolled down and saw that, I was like "well, they can kiss my ass if they think I'm gonna get a membership that I have to pay for monthly just to get what, six missions with a new character? I'll just buy it separately."

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yeah... I was all excited for it too, but when I scrolled down and saw that, I was like "well, they can kiss my ass if they think I'm gonna get a membership that I have to pay for monthly just to get what, six missions with a new character? I'll just buy it separately."
Yeah it literally would be cheaper just to buy it when it comes out. The DLC is only $9, while a Gamestop membership is almost $20 I believe.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah it literally would be cheaper just to buy it when it comes out. The DLC is only $9, while a Gamestop membership is almost $20 I believe.

lol Exactly. So f*ck the membership. I already preordered the game from Amazon so I'm getting the nice free bone weapon DLC pack, so an extra 9 bucks to buy a fairly nice chunk of game isn't so bad.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
lol Exactly. So f*ck the membership. I already preordered the game from Amazon so I'm getting the nice free bone weapon DLC pack, so an extra 9 bucks to buy a fairly nice chunk of game isn't so bad.
Not at all.
Damn America sure is getting the sh*t end of this deal.

Top Bottom