• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

is the onimusha series dead ?

chubbz98

im a grown man Afraid to play dmc 1 at night
besides the dmc series one of my favorite action games are the onimusha series i loved how the games mixed action and puzzle solving so well and if it weren't for the first onimusha my brother never would of got dmc and i never would've of played it and i wouldn't be the fan i am today, sorry for the story what i am here to talk about is does capcom have plans for series in the future or have they moved on too focus on there other titles ive checked multiple sources to see anything about an upcoming game nothing legit does anyone know any info on the future of the series thx in advance

berto

I Saw the Devil
After this long I've given up on a sequel. Capcom doesn't say 'no more of this' they just let them die slowly and not bring them up again. MegaMan was the only exception because, well, it's MegaMan.

chubbz98

After this long I've given up on a sequel. Capcom doesn't say 'no more of this' they just let them die slowly and not bring them up again. MegaMan was the only exception because, well, it's MegaMan.
they own some of the greatest game series in history and ignore most of the them if they made a new mega man game it would most likely sell well but there hesitant to do so and i have know idea why

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think in the case of MegaMan they might be waiting on the No. 9 to release to see how it fares before they commit to making something to milk.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think in the case of MegaMan they might be waiting on the No. 9 to release to see how it fares before they commit to making something to milk.
It already fared pretty damn well. The crowd funding went insanely well reaching far beyond all their stretch goals. Capcom MUST be looking at how much money people threw at that game and be kicking themselves in the head. "No one plays MegaMan anymore".....my a$$ Capcom.

berto

I Saw the Devil
If that's the case then they might release their own MegaMan close to No 9's release or close enough to it. They might announce it on a gaming convention in the near future to make this and other announcements.

chubbz98

If that's the case then they might release their own MegaMan close to No 9's release or close enough to it. They might announce it on a gaming convention in the near future to make this and other announcements.
yeah but if they do that and it isn't as good as no 9 then not only are they losing money but also making n0 9 even more popular that's a big risk on there part it's a chance but a very small one, but seeing as keiji inafune is in charge of making no 9 you know it's going to be good and capcom cant afford to screw up another title seeing the financial state the company is in

Top Bottom