• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is the film industry dying

KRSkull

With all the reboots and remakes. and with some of the new actors and actress who has little to no talent but most of us (i am No.1 in that list) are crazy about them because they are good looking. Makes me wonder is the film industry dying?

Dark Drakan

Admin
I dont think its 'dying' I just think like the entertainment industry as a whole people are afraid to take risks these days, so instead they take the easy quick buck options rather than risking making something not everyone will enjoy. Games have started to do it to an extent (though quite a few are taking risks but mainly early access companies and indies). The big developers/directors/producers in the industry make one mistake or have one movie/game/album do poorly and it could mean disaster for the company as a whole. Heard this morning how Murdered Soul Suspect developer Airtight Games shut their doors this morning after it flopped. So many developers and companies go out of business for trying something different that doesnt succeed so many instead play it safe for years to accumulate funds to keep them safe and then experiment when they have the financial means to do so. They are scared to flex their creativity just in case viewers 'dont get it' and everyone seems to simplify things these days and opt for the easy route.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
generally Hollywood's a business, not an atelier...

so it's not dying, it's just that people will pay to watch any crap these days. so that's what they often get.

berto

I Saw the Devil
With all the reboots and remakes. and with some of the new actors and actress who has little to no talent but most of us (i am No.1 in that list) are crazy about them because they are good looking. Makes me wonder is the film industry dying?
No it's not. It won't die, either.

In time people will start craving what movies don't offer in hollywood. It's happened time and time again. People get burned out on the same old crap they've seen before and start to want something new, something better. It's why foreign films have a huge market, why they get remade to big budget American movies, why the independant circle carries such weight with it, because there are a lot of people who've already craved that something else. Eventually people are going to get tired of the pretty faces with no talent and move on to something else and leave that to the teenagers. Hollywood is not the only film industry, just the biggest and greediest.

You want better films right now the world is your oyster. All you have to do is start looking at other sources. You want recommendations of great cinema I'm sure we can comply, just give us a genre and we'll give you the movies.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It is in a way because they no longer make it about story or depth , it is more about cgi and what looks flashy and spectacular. A movie with fantastic visual effects but bad acting is still a bad movie.

KRSkull

No it's not. It won't die, either.

In time people will start craving what movies don't offer in hollywood. It's happened time and time again. People get burned out on the same old crap they've seen before and start to want something new, something better. It's why foreign films have a huge market, why they get remade to big budget American movies, why the independant circle carries such weight with it, because there are a lot of people who've already craved that something else. Eventually people are going to get tired of the pretty faces with no talent and move on to something else and leave that to the teenagers. Hollywood is not the only film industry, just the biggest and greediest.

You want better films right now the world is your oyster. All you have to do is start looking at other sources. You want recommendations of great cinema I'm sure we can comply, just give us a genre and we'll give you the movies.

I am sure that you might of heard about The North American video game crash also known as Atari shock in Japan. that occurred from 1983 to 1985. The crash was serious that it almost destroyed the then-fledgling industry and led to the bankruptcy of several companies producing home computers and video game consoles in the region.

So there is a chance that the crash that happened to video game industry in 1983. Might happen to the film industry.

DMC

Devil May Cry
seems to me like the film makers run out of ideas and say..... Lets put a hot female in this film.... Christ u think a female would make me like a movie.... -eats a cookie- Think again makers -drinks a cup of milk-

KRSkull

seems to me like the film makers run out of ideas and say..... Lets put a hot female in this film.... Christ u think a female would make me like a movie.... -eats a cookie- Think again makers -drinks a cup of milk-

That is an excellent observation and also most of the horror movies are about a group of teens go on a trip to the woods, deserts or mountins.

DMC

Devil May Cry
That is an excellent observation and also most of the horror movies are about a group of teens go on a trip to the woods, deserts or mountins.
and they must bed half naked you forgot that -eats a cookie-

KRSkull

and they must bed half naked you forgot that -eats a cookie-

Oh yeah i totally forgot about that. and you know i just rememebered something. the police and army can't kill one monster. but one random person with a baseball bat kills more than 5 monsters.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
no. they're just scared. what if i told you about a time where almost everything in film was "original"? i know right. crazy. only thing is, ya see, hollywood thinks with their money. and seeing as how many projects that are deemed "original" now, are typically panned by critics thus reducing sales or are really good, but nobody really had an interest in them. its just a safer bet to adapt or remake something that is already known and loved. because logically, why gamble, when you have an ace (property already created that is loved and adored) and just go with that? so...in a way...its the audience who has done this. not hollywood.
the actor thing...well...it typically depends on direction. like megan fox. contrary to belief, she CAN act. its just that some directors only see her as eye candy. that or, lets say an actor like robert pattison (brilliant actor btw). very few people are willing to work with him because of twilight. the bad writing and bad directing just shat all over him. and now that the world hates him, no studio is willing to touch him with a 39.5 foot pole. because they don't want that heat on them. whether they know he's talented or not. it all has to do with critical reception/fan backlash.

KRSkull

the actor thing...well...it typically depends on direction. like megan fox. contrary to belief, she CAN act. its just that some directors only see her as eye candy. that or, lets say an actor like robert pattison (brilliant actor btw). very few people are willing to work with him because of twilight. the bad writing and bad directing just shat all over him. and now that the world hates him, no studio is willing to touch him with a 39.5 foot pole. because they don't want that heat on them. whether they know he's talented or not. it all has to do with critical reception/fan backlash.

I know actors like Robert Pattison, and Taylor Lautner are very talented. I never saw Twilight (not a big fan of romance movies) but i have seen Robert in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. and Taylor in The adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl and in some episodes of The Bernie Mac Show.

berto

I Saw the Devil

I am sure that you might of heard about The North American video game crash also known as Atari shock in Japan. that occurred from 1983 to 1985. The crash was serious that it almost destroyed the then-fledgling industry and led to the bankruptcy of several companies producing home computers and video game consoles in the region.

So there is a chance that the crash that happened to video game industry in 1983. Might happen to the film industry.
I don't think it's the same at all.

Film has been around since long before our grand parents were around and it will probably be long after we're dead. It's not a new media that still has to find it's footing. It's an international and world wide practice, the most popular form of storytelling we have in the modern world. I hardly think it's going anywhere. If books and the theatre are still around I'm sure cinema will be fine. Like I said, the world is our oyster, there are still a lot of other countries we can look up if we don't want Hollywood, you know, like Bollywood.

I'm sorry but to me that's like saying music is about to die, it just doesn't happen.

Now, if you say Hollywood is about to collapse then I still think it won't happen and that's because they will always go where the money is. If the money is in garbage they'll make it, if they see that people want smarter writing or better narrative they'll make that.

KRSkull

I don't think it's the same at all.

Well its sort of the same and at the same time not the same. both movies and video games are considered as entertainment. both of them are form of storytelling but the difference is that in video games you the player expereince the story first hand because you take the actions. while in the movies you are the cameraman.

if they see that people want smarter writing or better narrative they'll make that.

Well i have to disagree with you about that. because if we looked back we will see a lot of stuff that has a lot of high rating and view got cancelled. and i am not talking about shows that were completed and got cancelled by the network. i am talking about shows that got cancelled in the middle of production.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well i have to disagree with you about that. because if we looked back we will see a lot of stuff that has a lot of high rating and view got cancelled. and i am not talking about shows that were completed and got cancelled by the network. i am talking about shows that got cancelled in the middle of production.
Ok. Let me ask you this. What do you mean by dying? Are you saying that soon there will be no more movies do to the decline of quality? That the films that came before were better than those now? Because either way... Well...

Top Bottom