• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Sparda Over-rated?

Is Sparda over-rated?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Hey guys! I just wanted to hear your thoughts on something. We hear about the power of sparda constantly in devil may cry but we saw what the true power of sparda was at the end of 1 and it's never implied sparda had any sort of more powerful forms. In fact it's implied that Dante's power was more so than Sparda's. Dante's majin form seems to be more powerful. So why is he so strong? And why does he get forms that are so much above his dad and yet nobody realizes Dante's power is what should be sought after, not his father's?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Wasn't there a plot point to where the majority of his power was sealed away in the demon world?

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Wasn't there a plot point to where the majority of his power was sealed away in the demon world?
I'm not exactly sure if I remember correctly but I believe his power was sealed in his sword and the sword was sealed in the demon world. Hence Vergil and Arkham wanting the force edge in 3 and Sanctus wanting the Sparda sword in 4.
In the first game there's evidence for Dante being stronger or as strong as sparda. When he uses the Sparda DT at the end of the game it's hinted that that's Sparda's full power and in every game since except 3 it's said in character bios that he's surpassed sparda. Yet everyone goes after his power when compared to Dante's it's become alot less impressive even though with it he was able to do some pretty rad things.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
It's not overrated. There are a lot of things Sparda left behind for us the players to uncover. What he did in his life, how he fought, etc.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Sparda is a weird case. He's more plot-device than an actual person and I can't say I really care about him outside of Dante and Vergil's connection to him.

As for why people go after Sparda and not Dante, I presume it's more to do with the fact that the McGuffin (Sword) imbued with his power can be obtained and wielded by anyone whereas Dante is still alive and I don't see what capturing him would really do.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Sparda was 10,000 times more badass than Kratos, he took down an entire demon army all by himself. If Capcom ever makes a game about Sparda, its going to have to be the mother of all Hack'n'slash games to live up to the God status given to him by the lore.

DarkSlayerVergil

Sparda was 10,000 times more badass than Kratos, he took down an entire demon army all by himself. If Capcom ever makes a game about Sparda, its going to have to be the mother of all Hack'n'slash games to live up to the God status given to him by the lore.
Until we see him actually do that I'll hold my breath on that statement. Also why the comparison between Kratos and Sparda? A more reasonable comparison would be Zues and Spardas since they're both fathers of the main characters of the franscise.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Until we see him actually do that I'll hold my breath on that statement. Also why the comparison between Kratos and Sparda? A more reasonable comparison would be Zues and Spardas since they're both fathers of the main characters of the franscise.
Because kratos took down the entire Greek Pantheon all by himself, kind of like Sparda taking down demon army by himself. Even though Dante has said to have "surpassed" sparda in his profile descriptions, he has yet to do something like that.

DarkSlayerVergil

Because kratos took down the entire Greek Pantheon all by himself, kind of like Sparda taking down demon army by himself. Even though Dante has said to have "surpassed" sparda in his profile descriptions, he has yet to do something like that.
Point, though Zues himself was responsible putting an end to the great war against the Titans mind you using his signature blade of Olympus.

Top Bottom