• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is NT's title for the new DmC set in stone?

Senpai

You got Ninja Theory in my Dmc
(Disclaimer: In no way shape or form is this a Ninja Theory's new DmC hate thread, I would not want to tarnish my non-existent reputation as a new member on this site.)

So now that I've finally gotten over the fact that Ninja Theory's DmC may or may not be a horrible take on the Dmc series, there is still one thing that bothers me, and that is the games title, it is repetitive. We all know what Dmc stands for, so why title a game "DmC: Devil May Cry"? Why not leave it at DmC with the capital D and C, I mean the new Dmc logo alone looks really cool, so why put the name twice as the title?

So my question is, does anyone know whether this title is temporary like a code name, or if it is permanent?

P.S. Sorry if a thread like this already exists:/

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
nope its permanent. look at any game selling site and they'll say DmC: Devil May Cry to be released 15th of Jan.

Senpai

You got Ninja Theory in my Dmc
Oh, well that sucks:( , but anyway here's hopping it will be a great game^_^

ZeroLove

It is kinda odd, isn't it?
I see it this way:
"DmC" is the main title of the game while the "Devil May Cry" part is there to show what DmC stands for AND to show what the game is representing. As mentioned above, it is a Devil May Cry game, however, it is not part of the original series. This is not another chapter of the story we know from past games, but rather a new story with the basic plot-points of the original series, spun into a new direction. Likewise with the gameplay.
I think it should just be called "Devil May Cry" though, just like the new Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider are just called that with no second title or numbers, because it is a reboot of an already existing series, just like those two.

Domenic93

It is kinda odd, isn't it?
I see it this way:
"DmC" is the main title of the game while the "Devil May Cry" part is there to show what DmC stands for AND to show what the game is representing. As mentioned above, it is a Devil May Cry game, however, it is not part of the original series. This is not another chapter of the story we know from past games, but rather a new story with the basic plot-points of the original series, spun into a new direction. Likewise with the gameplay.
I think it should just be called "Devil May Cry" though, just like the new Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider are just called that with no second title or numbers, because it is a reboot of an already existing series, just like those two.
well the original mortal kombat are still cannon

ZeroLove

well the original mortal kombat are still cannon

That's true, yet it is still only called "Mortal Kombat", not "Mortal Kombat 9" or anything else. Though it is canon to the rest of the series, there have been alot of retcons to the original timeline, in fact there are so many that the MK fanbase prefer to look at it as a reboot rather than a canon game.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
They should just add an additional name.
Something like Ninja gaiden and Ninja gaiden:"Sigma" So it can at least differentiate the reboot to the original.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
They should just add an additional name.
Something like Ninja gaiden and Ninja gaiden:"Sigma" So it can at least differentiate the reboot to the original.
sigma didn't mean reboot though, it meant that the game had additional features. Otherwise Devil May Cry Reboot (DmCr?) would be a pretty ridiculous. It's so that old gamers can say "ooh look, DMC!" and new gamers can say "DmC: Devil May Cry. We can just say DMC! YAY!"...that's it. I believe it's something like Sonic Generations. Pleasing the old and the new at the same time

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
sigma didn't mean reboot though, it meant that the game had additional features. Otherwise Devil May Cry Reboot (DmCr?) would be a pretty ridiculous. It's so that old gamers can say "ooh look, DMC!" and new gamers can say "DmC: Devil May Cry. We can just say DMC! YAY!"...that's it. I believe it's something like Sonic Generations. Pleasing the old and the new at the same time

People of the castlevania fanbase can easily differentiate the reboot,Castlevania:LORDS OF SHADOWS to the original timeline by simply calling it "LoS"

Devil may cry: Devil's feel.
I suck but something like that.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Hmmmmm.....
Devil May Crystilize?
Demons Mill for Cereal?
Demi Million Ceramics?
Dante Makes Cake?
Dead Mans Cremery?
Decorated Mounted Cranium?

DMC could be alot of things! :troll:

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Not to discredit the OP's opinion or anything, but a lot of people have been upset that this game's called Devil May Cry.
But why would Capcom hire a studio to make a game that plays almost exactly like Devil May Cry and then name it something other than what it was directly based on (a franchise Capcom owns, mind you)?

Top Bottom